Internet Problems

bubbawmu2

Alright fellas, over the last 3 months ive fought and fought with my GF's computer and now i dont know what do..

What i know: Running windows XP, sevice pack 2

What i need: the computer seems to have the problem of running active content on the internet as well as not like to sign in to email and now it wont get on any internet application such as aim, msn messenger, pokerstars, or mozilla for that matter.

Ive tried to change the cookie setting and change the internet options. ive disabled all firewalls i have control of but nothing will work... does anyone have any ideas.....

Thank You if you can help...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, I've been having the same problem to, I don't think colleges use cable since cable has that problem when the server has to many users connected it slows down like a mofo. Did you try switching by connecting to a proxy?

Alright fellas, over the last 3 months ive fought and fought with my GF's computer and now i dont know what do..

What i know: Running windows XP, sevice pack 2

What i need:    the computer seems to have the problem of running active content on the internet as well as not like to sign in to email and now it wont get on any internet application such as aim, msn messenger, pokerstars, or mozilla for that matter.

Ive tried to change the cookie setting and change the internet options. ive disabled all firewalls i have control of but nothing will work... does anyone have any ideas.....

Thank You if you can help...

Try using a spyware scanner to see if there is any spyware on the computer and remove it.

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/300...4-10377263.html

well i tried using spyware doctor and it found alot of problems and acually i think that might have fixed the run active content,

but i still can't use any internet programs such as names above...

also, i think played around with th proxy but if you can tell me what to try, ill give it another shot.

well the internet works fine but the aim and msn messenger and pokerstars or any other program that connects to the internet....not working. where do i go to change the proxy for those..

i tried just changing the proxy under internet options in internet explorer but that didnt influene the programs i want to work

Edited by bubbawmu2