Defected PSP's (Dead Pixels in LCD Screen)

Alpha

As many of you now know, Sony has been getting a lot of complaints with their latest shipments of Sony PSP. Apparently many of them have dead pixels and for the people I've talked to, they've had to return at least 4 of them to get a good one. The best way to check is to load up a black jpeg file. To do this, you have to transfer it to the psp and view. Turn the brightness all the way up and blow the image to take up the entire screen. Sony says you should wait a week and maybe the spot will go away and trust us, it's no dust particle. Luckily, the warranty covers this, so just send in your defected PSP for a new one or they will fix it. ;)

# Dead Pixel Checker #

»» GameSpot Article

»» IGN Article

u know nintendo was so much more cool about this stuff. All u had to do is call and tell them ur info and they sent u a replacment to make sure it was good then after a few days u could send urs back. Now thats customer service. Sony on the other hand.. u will probably have to send it back a few times to get a good one... so like the first couple weeks u wont even get to enjoy ur psp.

I don't have any thank god! but my DS has a few dead pixels. I only notice them when the screen is pure black or pure white. they aren't as big of a deal as people make them out to be. they are unnoticeable in the heat of gaming.

Sony's policy is if it's deemed unusable, then it's replaceable. Better off returning your object to said store where you got it from. Big retail chains will accept said offer, while others(some Gamestops or EBs will out right refuse too exchange it).