Dualis

Federelli

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to emulate the DS, then you've gotta emulate the GBA as well. Otherwise you aren't doing a comlpete emulation.

Like emulating GBA means you've gotta emulate GBC and GB :D.

I'm certain i've posted it before you, as you know this forums f*ck with the time. It takes my time as your time, bah nevermind, all that matters is i did a search, and you still had r1 :P.

Just two cents.

Don't hate me now :D.

well that emu is good, but it need more work.

i know that it runs ds demos, but thats no important, DSemu better that the other emus arround, why?

its easy to know Two9A listen to our opinions and if is a good idea it puts on his emu, the others (i think) only take opinions from the people that they think only they experience on emulation.

other one, DSemu is emulatin the arm7 and thats good because its better to begin from the basic things and then the big things, i don't know but i think that the other autors of ds emus want to impress other people with running demos or commercial games.

well thats what i think so dont try to kill me cause i will kill you first. :peopleseybrow:

:D

well that emu is good, but it need more work.

i know that it runs ds demos, but thats no important, DSemu better that the other emus arround, why?

its easy to know Two9A listen to our opinions and if is a good idea it puts on his emu, the others (i think) only take opinions from the people that they think only they experience on emulation.

other one, DSemu is emulatin the arm7 and thats good because its better to begin from the basic things and then the big things, i don't know but i think that the other autors of ds emus want to impress other people with running demos or commercial games.

well thats what i think so dont try to kill me cause i will kill you first. :peopleseybrow:

:D

Both emulators are good but both need a lot of work. It's too early to start to definitely say one is better than the other. One does ARM9 stuff more and the other does ARM7. I think both Mic and Two9A are doing exceptional work they should be both be appreciated despite at what stage DS emulation is that.

Thanking you, sir, but mic does take on board suggestions and ideas from anyone; it just so happens that he's not around to take them much of the time.

DSemu is emulatin the arm7 and thats good because its better to begin from the basic things and then the big things
It's more a design choice than anything that I've got GBA and DS cores; the DS being merely a superset of GBA technology, it just makes sense to develop a GBA first. Of course, both Firefly and mic have done that a long time ago, so they have a headstart on this.

Hello, I am newcomer to these forums, but I have been watching the DSemu project since the beginning. Dualis seems very impressive. I could run all of the demos I had for the DS, but there were some flaws that I could see. The main flaw was that on occasion, the touch screen would not refresh after you loded a new ROM. Still, it is quite impressive to see yet another DS Emulator making the scene, I only wish I could do the same. Anyways, I will post some info about the demo files I tested below...

cube.bin - Runs Perfect!

DesktopMan's Tetris Clone "TetrisDS" - Runs perfect if you load it first when you open Dualis. If you open a file, and load this after the first loaded file, it shows glitches. Though, I do not think this is a problem with Dualis, as I have noticed this error with HyperDS too.

first.bin - Runs Perfect!

2d.bin - Runs Perfect! Also, this was the only demo I found to work on Dualis to use both screens! Mostly because this was the only demo that I had which was meant to use both screens :peopleseybrow:

ship.bin - Runs Perfect!

tri.bin - Runs Perfect!

I should be recieving natrium42's BattleshipDS homebrew game soon, so I will post what I find on that as well. Thanks for reading my first post here! lol

EDIT: I forgot to post about ARMwrestler! So, here it is...

armwrestler.bin - Works Perfect!

Also...

@Dooz: The ARMwrestler demo is supposed to show white at the top. MIC only needs one screen to show the tests, and he wanted to try and use the touch pad (lower screen) rather than the main screen (higher screen). Also, the TetrisDS that was released by DesktopMan is supposed to only play on the main screen. He did later make an edit which played it on both screens, but this was never released, and only shown on a picture he posted on his site.

Edited by googlyoshka

Actually, first.bin has two screens. You just need to use the version provided with the latest copy of DSEmu.

Also, TetrisDS-2Player is also available with the latest copy of DSEmu (that's the two-screen version).

natrium42 is on a skiing trip and, unless someone else got his permission, it might be awhile before you get that Battleship demo. Trust me, I've tried.