What are the best free virus/firewall/adware...

What are the best free virus scanners, firewalls, adware scanners. I just reformated my hardrive so I got no viruses or adware in my computer. But please people, give me some links before I do :P

AVG Free Edition is a pretty good AV prog, it has a pretty good rating from others, and I think it's a solid program. I haven't had any problems yet. AVG Free

As for adware, I use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware. The free version of it seems to do the job, though I haven't tested any other

Lavasoft Page

And here's a link to ZoneLab's Zone Alarm firewall program. The free version is the last one on that list.

Zone Alarm

Personally, I wouldn't touch ZoneAlarm with a 5-foot pole.

This is what I would recommend (as I've used these on my old computer:

Firewall: TINY Personal Firewall, KERIO Personal Firewall, BitDefender (has virusscanner included)

Virusscanner: AntiVir, BitDefender, AVG Antivirus

Well, BitDefender isn't exactly free, but it's extremely good. Better than Norton IMO.

Thanks guys, im I need all this because im going to start hosting a server through my modem daily , dedicated of course, on JK3, reason why, clan wars getting to my head and I want a server of my own :P

Edit:Is tiny free?

Edited by Drake

No, AVOID AVG LIKE THE PLAUGE! It's been known to find, but not remove viruses.

I don't care what anyoen says, Norton offers excellent protection. Even if it's pay.

Firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall.

Adware scanner; Spybot Search & Destroy + Ad-Aware Personal SE.

K`does have a point about AVG though, I remember reading that AVG is a bit iffy when it comes to cleaning infected files.

I never said that Norton was bad, far from it; I've been using bitDefender for quite some time, so I'm fine with it.

Man I'm in need of free virus scanners, my mom said she wouldnt spend a dime on a firewall or a scanner, or else I woulda goten Norton 2k5 and w/e mcafee has newly released for my b-day, :thumbsup1: