Just in case any of you forgot...

Daeval

As Samurai Edge pointed out, Dynasty Warriors is coming to Nintendo DS this year, and also to the PSP.

And I knew it would be soon, but I thought I had at least 6 months... In March (in the US), Dynasty Warriors 5 will be out for PS2, and it supposedly includes a lot of the updates from Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, as well as some new combat and new characters (including the uber-hot Sei-Sai). Quite a few characters haven't been shown yet, and I can only hope they didn't axe anybody.

A teaser site is available here (in Japanese):

http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou4/index.htm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GL is mad fun at the arcades. my friends and I played the whole game while waiting for a movie that was going to start 3 hours when we got there. Best damn time ever.

GL is mad fun at the arcades. my friends and I played the whole game while waiting for a movie that was going to start 3 hours when we got there. Best damn time ever.

I played a ton of this on vacation in vegas before I was old enough to gamble. It's a quarter muncher like they don't make anymore, but somehow it was fun.

As Samurai Edge pointed out, Dynasty Warriors is coming to Nintendo DS this year, and also to the PSP.

And I knew it would be soon, but I thought I had at least 6 months...  In March (in the US), Dynasty Warriors 5 will be out for PS2, and it supposedly includes a lot of the updates from Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, as well as some new combat and new characters (including the uber-hot Sei-Sai).  Quite a few characters haven't been shown yet, and I can only hope they didn't axe anybody.

Damn, so many new games coming... Eh, maybe I'll get DW4 used (since it's like damn cheap) and see how I like it. I think I'll like it regardless.

Btw, the characters clothes are 104% awesome.

Edited by Agozer

And I knew it would be soon, but I thought I had at least 6 months...  In March (in the US), Dynasty Warriors 5 will be out for PS2, and it supposedly includes a lot of the updates from Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, as well as some new combat and new characters (including the uber-hot Sei-Sai).  Quite a few characters haven't been shown yet, and I can only hope they didn't axe anybody.

Damn, so many new games coming... Eh, maybe I'll get DW4 used (since it's like damn cheap) and see how I like it. I think I'll like it regardless.

You should get Samurai Warriors then. You will love Hattori Hanzo.

And the costumes for SW is more varied compare to DW which is more to colour swappping.

You should get Samurai Warriors then. You will love Hattori Hanzo.

And the costumes for SW is more varied compare to DW which is more to colour swappping.

They're varied in Samurai Warriors, but there aren't nearly as many characters (a brief skim at gamefaqs lists 42 in DW4, vs. 15 in SW).

And there is very little "colour swapping" in Dynasty Warriors after DW2. Many characters have a similar decorative style to their outfits, especially the sort of chinese filligree patterns (I'm sure it has a real name), but very few, if any by DW4, are just recolored textures. The grunt troops are a different story, as each of the three main armies shares the same set of private, sergeant, major, etc models, but all 42+ of the "main" characters are individuals. The independent armies, like Meng Hou's barbarians and the yellow turbans, have their own troops too.

This site has pics of the 42 main generals in Dynasty Warriors:

http://kongming.net/dw4/por/

Edit:

And the 15 generals in Samurai Warriors (click the Gamecity profile links):

http://www.kongming.net/samurai_warriors/characters/

Edited by Daeval

I know this might be a little off topic but since we're talking about hack n' slash games I will like to say that I have found a really nice game. It's called Champions Return to Arms and it seems so fantastic. Incorporating a hugely enhanced Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 system, it features Diablo like adventure (tons of items and character classes and lvling) plus you can play online for FREE! Can't wait for it to be released...I'm just sad that I missed out on the first one, Champions of Norrath.

I know this might be a little off topic but since we're talking about hack n' slash games I will like to say that I have found a really nice game. It's called Champions Return to Arms and it seems so fantastic. Incorporating a hugely enhanced Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 system, it features Diablo like adventure (tons of items and character classes and lvling) plus you can play online for FREE! Can't wait for it to be released...I'm just sad that I missed out on the first one, Champions of Norrath.

That would be Everquest: Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms. I've heard the first one was pretty good. Working for SOE left bad vibes around Everquest for me though. Champions is more like Diablo - a hack n' slash rpg - than an action beat 'em up.