Half-Life 2: Garry's Mod

Daeval

what about new single player maps? guess we will have to wait 600 years for vaulve to make us a bunch of kick ass maps again.

Screw it im of to make a pot of tea then im playing half two on hard again.

Unless they outsource an expansion pack like the crap-tastic opposing force.

Opposing Force craptastic? I beg to differ. It's one of the only good expansion packs made. But Gabe Newell has said they are working on new episodic content and some special hardcore maps for ATI people.

I beg to differ as well. Both Opposing Force and Blue Shift were fine additions to Half-Life.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about new single player maps? guess we will have to wait 600 years for vaulve to make us a bunch of kick ass maps again.

Screw it im of to make a pot of tea then im playing half two on hard again.

Unless they outsource an expansion pack like the crap-tastic opposing force.

Opposing Force craptastic? I beg to differ. It's one of the only good expansion packs made. But Gabe Newell has said they are working on new episodic content and some special hardcore maps for ATI people.

Compared to Half-Life proper, I thought OF sucked.

Part of the reason Half-Life was awesome was because the enemies were smart (at least for their time) or they at least acted more like living things than we were used to. In short, they took some thought. The new OF stuff was all of the then-popular quake 3 "we have perfect aim and we shoot as soon as you're visible" style, or the melee equivalent. Compared to HLs, they were unbelievable and poorly thought out.

The new weapons looked neat, but were boring once you pulled the trigger. The level design was alright most of the time, and downright crappy at times (as in the pitch-black tunnels full of large enemies).

All in all, it wasn't TERRIBLE I guess, but I wasn't exactly begging for another. I never played Blue Shift, so I don't have an opinion on that one.

Edited by Daeval

downright crappy at times (as in the pitch-black tunnels full of large enemies).

I just must agree with you on that one. I spent the better part of an hour trying to get past these parts in question. flocking ridiculous design choices if you ask me.

Edited by Agozer

Big thumbs up here for oposing forces, blue shift was a bit whiffy, i guess we were spolied...

I have been told not to bother with half life 1 source, i have the origanal half life on disk, but everytime i pop the cd in i get an error, which is strange because condition zero does it too.

I have been told not to bother with half life 1 source, i have the origanal half life on disk, but everytime i pop the cd in i get an error, which is strange because condition zero does it too.

Yeah, HL:Source is nothing special. Just a nice extra if you buy Silver off Steam. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Yeah, HL:Source is nothing special. Just a nice extra if you buy Silver off Steam. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

I heard from a friend that the only thing newabout HL:Source is the character models, the water effects and the physics. Nothing else.

I'm trying to recall which character models wer improved...I can't think of any. The only big thing I noticed was water, ragdoll physics, and some heat haze.

I'm not impressed one bit.

LOL i run a trooper over in the buggy and i could not get him of my car, he just staid on it forever then i hit turbo and smashed into a wall, he flew of then.

First time round in the buggy, i squished lion ants, nothing special, this time round i got there yellow bloody going all over my buggy.

I got in the crain and picked up a storage container, then i just spun it and spun it and spun it, let it go... wheeeeeeeee SMASH!

I love half life 2.