wiping an xp password

Inky

so my mom just picked up an ibm aptiva from a yard sale, she figured she could rape it for parts if it didn't work. well she booted it up and it seems to be fine but the login screen is passworded. anyone know of a way around it or a way to wipe the password out completely? if not I am just gonna take out the HD, format it and install 98se. but I'd like to see what is installed on it and keep xp if possible.

well I found a little program that works, kinda an anti climax tho. it is a k6 with 256mb ram and a 6 gig harddrive struggling hard to run xp. lol only the cd writer and nic were worth saving :\ but I have a handy little boot cd if I ever need to get into a pc with a "forgotten" pasword :clapping:

check your pm ems :clapping:

I'm teh l337 h4x0r n0wz0rz

Edited by garageink

checky checky pm

I wonder if i could just post the link here? dun wanna get in trouble tho. no roms there and as far as I know all the programs are legal. look the site over gryph and if you think it's ok go ahead and post a link. :P

well then here we go for all the young budding h4><0rz:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

some of those are linux boot disks. MS is so funny saying xp was so secure and all you need is a freely available linux bootdisk.