Controllers (aka Gamepads)

gfrommy

yep I had one of those radioshack adapters. pretty good exept I dun really like the psx pad that's why I switched over to an xbox pad. but you can get an adapter for just about every console controller so whatever you like! I want a saturn pad and adapter soo bad but all I can find are third party saturn and early american (the big ones) pads. so whenever I find an official jap style saturn pad for cheap I am going to make the switch. there is no better controller for capcom style fighting games :)

yep that's it. mine was longer and had the ribs in it to match a ps2 more. but it's the same thing.

before you buy a converter. you can make one yourself. with a usb cable (from a mouse or whatever) and a breakaway cable from the xbox pad. there is plenty of info around the internet and it is really easy. basicly all you do is match up the colored wires and either solder or twist and tape em up. there will be one wire left over just leave it. then download the software from here:

http://redcl0ud.hostrocket.com/xbcd.html

that's really all there is to it and if you have an old usb cord and xbox controller around already then it will cost you nothing. if not then a new breakaway or extension cable is like 3 bucks and some cheap usb mouse for 10 bucks and you are in buisness.

• 2 weeks later...

well since one of my xbox controllers suddenly stop working, i decided to use its cord for the usb cable add-on mod and it works great but i'm having some probs using a usb hub in which it would disconnect and then reconnect in windows.

and this doesn't just happen with the controller but also happens when i have my usb webcam or my crappy gemini controller, axis pad.

gets really annoying especially during gameplay (just happened when i was testing out flatout demo)

the hub is from compusa and its fitted under my floppy drive (uses the same power cord as one too) and the cable is connected to my usb's on the back of my pc.

EDIT: turns out my hub isn't putting out power for my devices but i think i'll update to a usb 2.0 pci card

Edited by Prican25

another neat thing to do is make a usb port for the xbox with a breakaway cable and the female end of a usb cable. then you can use usb devises like mice keyboards and pen drives. I use my pen drive as a memcard.

• 3 weeks later...