Planned on building my own PC

Mag

u should ghost the harddrive ur using right now and then put the image to ur new Hd that ur getting for ur comptuer, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work since the hardware is different

Blah blah blah.

I am pretty sure you know what rig you want magnis.

Get all your new stuff in one room, get you tower ready.

Have spacious area to work in.

It will take me ages to exsplain building your pc...

:)

it is not that hard, just pay attention when installing the mobo, just RTFM, lol really, and make sure the mobo is not in contact with the gabinet metal frame or it wil shorcircuit, relly it happened before, there are some plastic thingies to put on the gabinet to prevent this from happening, just put the mobo and find out where are the potential places where this might happen, put the plastics there and then fix the mobo to the gabinet, the other stuff it is freaking easy, perhaps a little time with thje gabinet fornt panel

u should ghost the harddrive ur using right now and then put the image to ur new Hd that ur getting for ur comptuer, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work since the hardware is different

Blah blah blah.

I am pretty sure you know what rig you want magnis.

Get all your new stuff in one room, get you tower ready.

Have spacious area to work in.

It will take me ages to exsplain building your pc...

:)

oyu can migrate any windows stuff to a wonxp machine, even win98 ones, there is an utility for this included with XP, it will create like an image and it will be installed to xp afterwards

you might want to think about a barebones kit as a starting point they are usually a case, power supply, motherboard & processor. then all you have to add is ram, HDD drives, cd/dvd drives, gfx card and sound card. that's how I built my first PC and it takes some headache out of matching up a mobo and processor. just remember to get extra cables for drives and such. (I like those round air flow ones as opposed to the ribbon style) the link wierdy gave earlier has some good barebones (including those super sweet shuttle cases)

EDIT IN-> Here is a good littel guide about building a PC.

Edited by garageink