what's ur favorite kinda movie?

sf2_ryu

what kinda movies do u like?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

besides bladerunner and johnny pnuemonic what else is considered cyberpunk? maybe free jack and lawnmower man. I was really looking forward to neuromancer but it got canned. it is my favorite book, william gibson pwns

yeah there isnot much on cyberpunk, but all the movies based on Philip K Dick, Matrix and another movie made by the same people as matrix, but purely cyberpunk, not much besides what you already mentioned, in fact i can´t find much stuff about this anywhere, movies, games, internet sites, comics, and stuff, if anyone has a recommendation regaring this i am all ears -_-

Purely from a gaming perspective I like movie tie-ins. For the most part they are crap but at least you can 'identify' with the characters that you have maybe used and interacted with for years.

Example - SF the movie is crap, but I just like the fact that you were able to have 'fleshed-out' versions of most of the SF favs. Blanka was atrocious all the same. And Bison was camp to say the least.

Otherwise I like ensemble films like 12 Angry Men, Usual Suspects, Glengarry Glen Ross and Heat, to a degree.

yeah there isnot much on cyberpunk, but all the movies based on Philip K Dick, Matrix and another movie made by the same people as matrix, but purely cyberpunk, not much besides what you already mentioned, in fact i can´t find much stuff about this anywhere, movies, games, internet sites, comics, and stuff, if anyone has a recommendation regaring this i am all ears smile.gif

as for games there is shadowrun on snes and genesis, (snes version is better IMO) hell came out for pc along time ago, under a steel sky is sorta cyber punk.

there was one of those online text roleplaying things (what are they called? MOOs or MUDs, something like that) I played awhile back but I can't remember the link. other pc games from way back are burncycle and the bladerunner adventure game. Uplink has a really cyberpunk feel to it and I recomend it to anyone.

Edited by garageink

yeah i have played some of these, thnx for the others i didn´t play, maybe the text based one you mention is hitchhikers guide ot the gallaxy? i played and its awesome, i always wanted to play burn cycle, wasn´t it for pfillips CD-i?

yeah i have played some of these, thnx for the others i didn´t play, maybe the text based one you mention is hitchhikers guide ot the gallaxy? i played and its awesome, i always wanted to play burn cycle, wasn´t it for pfillips CD-i?

yeah burnsycle was for CD-i then it came out for pc but I think it is pretty rare. it was kinda fun for a FMV game. the text game I played was based on shadowrun pen and paper I think. syndicate and syndicate wars was a cool RTS cyberpunk game that came out for PC and PSX I think.

yeah those rock too, beneath a steel sky too, IMO the genesis Shadowrun version was better, and more difficult too, although i must confess gfx sucks but it is an RPG after all so who cares.

oh and there is this movie with Rutger Hauer, split second very good too, well he in in plenty cyberpunk movies, and that other dude, can´t remember his name, his is alway in class b movies, like that one where he is a captain of a ghostship working for a corporation and this Michael Pare or however it is written acts in that movie too.

yeah split second was awesome that was the first cyberpunk movie I saw I can't believe I forgot it. heheh.