how i burn cdi?

how do i burn a cdi file to get it to work with dreamcast???  or is there something else i should do???

cdi is Discjuggler's native format, and it is the 'best' to use for burning them. Get DiscJuggler 4.1 or higher and start it up, select File>New, then select 'Burn CD/DVD Images'. From the next screen select the cdi to be burnt (Source), and set the burn speed (Method) to 8-16x at most. Then click the 'advanced' tab and change Mode to mode1/DVD, then tick 'RAW Write' and 'Overburn CD'. Leave everything else as it was and click 'Start'. I have never had a bad cdi burn with DJ. It is fool-proof.

i've seen in other threads about using mode 2 and no overburn at all. does that make a difference? i mean, between mode 1 and 2.

by the way, i've also seen to leave the dj settings as default, but in my experience that doesnt work at all. i always change my settings before burning.

xeonrebel

i've seen in other threads about using mode 2 and no overburn at all. does that make a difference? i mean, between mode 1 and 2.

by the way, i've also seen to leave the dj settings as default, but in my experience that doesnt work at all. i always change my settings before burning.

xeonrebel

If you use the settings above you will not go wrong.

1) Don't set speed too high or too low, I find 8-16x is fine.

2) Must use Mode1, RAW Write and Overburn options. Rest are defaults.

3) Forgot this one and it is v important. If you press 'Start' to burn and encounter an error about the structure of the cdi, then DJ will ask you if you want it to fix it for you. ALWAYS reply 'No' or else it will screw up the burn. Just say 'Yes' and it'll work OK.

Good luck.