Athlon XP reaches end of its existence

DOCUMENTS SEEN by the INQ indicate that we are living through the last weeks of Athlon XP CPUs. Sniff. Pass me an onion.

Athlon XP served AMD exceptionally well but it's time to replace it with a new core. Athlon XP, after years of loyal marchitecture service has reached the end of its life and AMD will stop selling them in Q4 2004, the end of the month. Pass me another onion, Mike.

The Sempron will replace Athlon XP CPUs and this has already started. As you might remember Sempron comes in two variations, socket A and socket 754.

Sniff. I guess that Athlon XP's won't vanish immediately as there will be some stocks left over here and there.

The "Sempron" will take over the complete value segment and Athlon 64 will be the only alternative. I have to remind you that Athlon 64 will be a more expensive alternative anyway that will sit in mainstream market.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20074

damn, i feel so out dated that i'm still using athlon xp, anyway would this change make the athlon 64 cost less since they'll be make more of these