Onimusha 3 at $14.99 (U.S)

Mag

Magnis Posted Today, 10:08 PM

QUOTE(Agozer @ Nov 22 2004, 03:59 AM)

QUOTE(L.S.D @ Nov 22 2004, 01:48 PM)

What so bad about DMC2? I still like it (except for the final boss,

which is pretty lame. The 1st one was badass!)

Yes, the bosses are badass for the most part in DMC2. But the developers took out or made worse most of the gameplay elements that were present in DMC.

Yeah thats right, the first DMC was such a blast, the second failed as a sucessor, I'm sure the 3rd will make up for it, hopefully the game elements will be used from the first installment with new upgrades and such.

Yes, DMC 2 was too easy and too repetitive compared to DMC 1. Only sequel i've seen where enemy AI goes DOWN in quality. Also, to make up for the larger environments, the textures were weakened.

DMC 3 apparently uses a new graphical engine which a) has a more stylized art style and :rolleyes: allows for ZOE-style cel-shaded secondary effects. :devilboy: Also, the gameplay is more like DMC 1 but the customization system now allows for building up attributes (strength, speed, weapons) RPG-style and free-form martial arts combos. go capcom.

That was a nice improvement. The new characters, Arkham and Lady look good too. And most of the enemies make a comeback.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the bosses are badass for the most part in DMC2. But the developers took out or made worse most of the gameplay elements that were present in DMC.

Yeah thats right, the first DMC was such a blast, the second failed as a sucessor, I'm sure the 3rd will make up for it, hopefully the game elements will be used from the first installment with new upgrades and such.

Yes, DMC 2 was too easy and too repetitive compared to DMC 1. Only sequel i've seen where enemy AI goes DOWN in quality. Also, to make up for the larger environments, the textures were weakened.

DMC 3 apparently uses a new graphical engine which a) has a more stylized art style and :) allows for ZOE-style cel-shaded secondary effects. B) Also, the gameplay is more like DMC 1 but the customization system now allows for building up attributes (strength, speed, weapons) RPG-style and free-form martial arts combos. go capcom.

That was a nice improvement. The new characters, Arkham and Lady look good too. And most of the enemies make a comeback.

That just sounds erotic. This is a game I must get.

DMC 3 apparently uses a new graphical engine which a) has a more stylized art style and :) allows for ZOE-style cel-shaded secondary effects. B) Also, the gameplay is more like DMC 1 but the customization system now allows for building up attributes (strength, speed, weapons) RPG-style and free-form martial arts combos. go capcom.

That just sounds erotic. This is a game I must get.

Of course, there 's no qyuestion about it. DMC3 seems to be a real killer.

Yes, DMC 3 will make up for DMC 2 and then some. Let's just hope capcom can also redeem themselves with Mega Man X8.

Yes, DMC 3 will make up for DMC 2 and then some.  Let's just hope capcom can also redeem themselves with Mega Man X8.

Didn't like X7?

I want the good old 2D side scrolling back :thumbsup1:

I hate 3D. They have killed a good franchise

It wasn't all 3d, and Megaman Zero is still 2d, so I don't see the problem.