should Halo go to the PS2 ?

sf2_ryu

I Dont See Whats Wrong With It Cept That The First One Isnt On It. So If They Should Put The Second On PS2 They Should At Least Put The First One On It.

The PS2 can't handle it.

I bet it could. I wouldn't be suprised if the N64 could handle it. There is nothing special about it.

The PS2 can't handle it.

That, and Bungie is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft still made money when Halo was ported to PC and Mac, rather than porting it to the PS2, an absolute direct competitor. The Xbox already suffers from less-than-great sales, so why ruin it ALL by porting one of the few extremely good Xbox exclusives?

If you go by that logic, Xbox users should get Gran Turismo 4. Grand Theft Auto was done by a third-party who would make money regardless of what it was ported to.

(off topic, but does anyone remember the Halo of old? From back when Bungie was a Mac-exclusive publisher, and it was looking like one of the most revolutionary games out there? Shame that the released game was NOTHING like the early versions....)

(off-topic part 2: any Marathon fans here?) :lol:

EDIT:

I bet it could. I wouldn't be suprised if the N64 could handle it. There is nothing special about it.

The Ps2 could "handle it" in a way. It would either be completely unplayable with a frame rate of 1-2 per second, or it would be bogged with so much loading that the game would become worse than Stuntman...

As far as gameplay, it's nothing special, but the graphics are woth noting, and that's the part the PS2 would have trouble with...

Edited by SlickDizzy

(off topic, but does anyone remember the Halo of old? From back when Bungie was a Mac-exclusive publisher, and it was looking like one of the most revolutionary games out there? Shame that the released game was NOTHING like the early versions....)

(off-topic part 2: any Marathon fans here?) :shootem:

/me raises hand

I remember all that Halo could have been but never was. Watching that first MacWorld (or was it E3?) video was spectacular. Then the news came that it was going to be an FPS and then that it would be an XBOX exclusive.

And I am a Marathon fan. One of my friend's had a Mac so that was awesome. :lol:

First picture of Halo ever from 1999:

halo1.jpg

Edited by GryphonKlaw

(off-topic part 2: any Marathon fans here?) :)

/me raises hand

I remember all that Halo could have been but never was. Watching that first MacWorld (or was it E3?) video was spectacular. Then the news came that it was going to be an FPS and then that it would be an XBOX exclusive.

And I am a Marathon fan. One of my friend's had a Mac so that was awesome. :blink:

First picture of Halo ever from 1999:

halo1.jpg

*sniff*

I would say "Ah, the beginnings of a great series..." but it's really more like the beginnings of an overrated and mediocre FPS that isn't much fun...I'd rather play Postal 2, for instance, any day of the week.

I wish there was an early playable build of Halo out there somewhere, I'd be all over it like Elaine on an opportunity to dance...with the little kicks and the thumbs and everything.

I should fire Marathon up again...

Edited by SlickDizzy