Current status

Fatal Rose

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I put DSEmu into C:\dsemu\, and although it showed a black screen, it still crashes.

When the program crashes.. try to click the link in the box for more information whhere it says "To see what the data error report contains, click here". And copy down the details of the errors here.

i am only curious on the current status of the emu..  the DS been out for a week at least now and yet I heard nothign about a working Emu or anything

There is no emulator for the DS and there won't be one for a long time since they are tough to program. Emulators don't magically come out once the actual hardware is out, the programmers need to understand how the hardware works. Be patient, there won't be one for a while. Currently this emulator doesn't do much since its very new.

Well, I put DSEmu into C:\dsemu\, and although it showed a black screen, it still crashes.

When the program crashes.. try to click the link in the box for more information whhere it says "To see what the data error report contains, click here". And copy down the details of the errors here.

Good god! There's a lot of text that it gave me, and it won't let me select it to copy and paste, so I don't know if I can post it all.

Hi, I just downloaded the emulator, the ARM code looks very... efficient :lol: Anyway, it crashes everytime I try to step into the current game. The call stack is:

> gba.dll!ARM7opUNL() Line 417 C

gba.dll!ARM7exec() Line 109 C

gba.dll!emuStep() Line 188 + 0x5 C

dsemu.exe!WinProc(HWND__ * hWnd=0x000f0526, unsigned int msg=273, unsigned int wParam=1104, long lParam=0) Line 335 C

and it crashes with a 0xC0000096: Privileged instruction. exception, it seems to come from a bad op.op().

There is no emulator for the DS and there won't be one for a long time since they are tough to program. Emulators don't magically come out once the actual hardware is out, the programmers need to understand how the hardware works. Be patient, there won't be one for a while. Currently this emulator doesn't do much since its very new.

in truth I am being patient honestly. i hope I didn't come off as beign impatient when i asked the stats of dsemu. I know the emu or a ds emu to be specific won't be out for some time because the ds is more complicated even more so then any of the other handheld systems.Honestly. if one never came out I wouldn't have a cow about it

Khaki: You've definitely got a better debugger than me; all I get is "it broke somewhere". And what'd you mean by "..efficient"? :banghead:

To be fair, I'm considering making/getting a new core; this is buggy to all hell, and barely works.

Khaki: You've definitely got a better debugger than me; all I get is "it broke somewhere". And what'd you mean by "..efficient"? :thumbsd:

I'm just using the Visual Studio.NET debugger (you can get a more basic version, Debugging Tools for free from the MS website). What are you using? By efficient I mean after browsing your code for a while, I still had no idea what was causing the crash :)