Current status

Fatal Rose

Hey guys, im new and I dont know where I should put this, but I have a few questions

1) How do you go about creating an Emulator?

2)I am anticipating this HUGELY and I wanna donate...but I dont have paypal and I cant get it for a while, is there any other way? Like send it to u or s/t.

3)The creator lives in UK? If so which part? :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, im new and I dont know where I should put this, but I have a few questions

2)I am anticipating this HUGELY and I wanna donate...but I dont have paypal and I cant get it for a while, is there any other way? Like send it to u or s/t.

1.) You have to have a lot of programming know-how.

2 and 3.) I'd best leave that to him.

3)The creator lives in UK? If so which part? :naughty:

1.) You have to have a lot of programming know-how.

2 and 3.) I'd best leave that to him.

I'll elaborate a bit on what Mr. G here said...

1) As said, you need very good programming skills. Be fluent in Assembly and C (or C++).

You need all the technical information possible when creating an amulator that emulates another system.

You need to perfectly understand how the original system works (what is written/read to/from memory and where in memory, how the code works when it displays something on screen... and how does the system's CPU and sound processor work, let alone some special chips (if any) etc. etc.

Edited by Agozer

As GryphonKlaw and Agozer have stated previously, you need to be able to think on the level of the processor. That is, in assembly and opcodes. Any high-level language will do for implementation, but I liek C. Also, a good technical reference for the system in question is useful. I tend to use GBAtek for the system and ARM.com for the CPU itself.

It's awfully kind of you to want to donate so badly. I don't NEED the money, mind; being on the dole does help. If you can hold on until you are able to get PayPal, that'd be fun.

Manchester, of course. Centre of the cultural universe.