[10/20/04] Time Crisis Series

The Time Crisis Series is absolutely incredible.

Time Crisis

Controls: 10

Gameplay: 9

Graphics: 7

Sound: 9

Overall Score: 9

Grade: B

Time Crisis 2

Gameplay: 10

Graphics: 9

Sound: 10

Overall Score: 10

Grade: A

Crisis Zone

Gameplay: 9

Graphics: 10

Overall Score: 9

Grade: A

Time Crisis 3

Gameplay: 10

Graphics: 10

Overall Score: 10

Grade: A+

Overall I give this series a massive – :)

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Aah! These games are absolutely magnificent. Though I haven't played Time Crisis 3, my friends and I have beaten Time Crises 2 and Crisis Zone in the the arcade. I'm not a gun game nut like you, but those two are definitely my favorite gun games.

I remember the main reason I started playing Time Crisis was because I was really liked the gun the arcade machine came. But the actual games themselves were very impressive. I absolutely loved the destructible environments of Crisis Zone.

Infact, I'm going to go to the school arcade and play Crisis Zone after lunch. :)

Also, nice review. :)

I just wanted to add that I omitted Time Crisis: Project Titan (the 'unofficial' PlayStation exclusive sequel) because I've never played it. I assume that it was created by the same (home market) team that developed the PS exclusive Hotel mission (from PS Time Crisis 1). This turns my stomach. I didn't expect anything other than disappointment and as such I still haven't got round to purchasing Project Titan.

Aah! These games are absolutely magnificent. Though I haven't played Time Crisis 3, my friends and I have beaten Time Crises 2 and Crisis Zone in the the arcade. I'm not a gun game nut like you, but those two are definitely my favorite gun games. 

I remember the main reason I started playing Time Crisis was because I was really liked the gun the arcade machine came. But the actual games themselves were very impressive. I absolutely loved the destructible environments of Crisis Zone.

Infact, I'm going to go to the school arcade and play Crisis Zone after lunch. :P

Also, nice review. :)

Thanks for the comments. Also; good use of the word 'crises' :) (I purposely avoided it).

Your school has an arcade?! Kick Derrick Lynch's ass for me...!

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Your school has an arcade?!

Yeah. We have 2 MvC2 machines (and they are ALWAYS busy), Tekken 4 (never used), Silent Scope, House of the Dead 2 (with blood OFF so I never play it), Crisis Zone, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Crazy Taxi, some jet ski game, a car racing game, and I think Raiden II.

Awesome reviews. Although i play the house of the dead series more, the Time Crisis series are truly awesome games.

I'm not much of a reviewer but can you do the house of the dead series?

ahh yes, time crisis. Excellent review snk especially the history (sega vs. namco,etc). I enjoyed Time Crisis 2 but never played virtua cop 2 so im gonna have to find an arcade with it.

GryphonKlaw Posted Today, 06:34 PM

QUOTE(shin_nihon_kikaku @ Oct 20 2004, 11:25 AM)

Your school has an arcade?!

Yeah. We have 2 MvC2 machines (and they are ALWAYS busy), Tekken 4 (never used), Silent Scope, House of the Dead 2 (with blood OFF so I never play it), Crisis Zone, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Crazy Taxi, some jet ski game, a car racing game, and I think Raiden II. 

Yes, most institutions of higher learning have student unions with arcades or at least a billiard table. But wait - your arcade has Raiden Fighters II? That game kicks incredible a :P:D !! Last winter i was in a big hotel in San Antonio, Texas and they had a tiny, always empty closet arcade with MvC2, Soul Calibur, a MVS 2-cart (SamShoIII and Metal Slug I) and, in the corner, Raiden Fighters II. My friends and i came within an inch of pulling the plug and attempting to sneak a 350lb cabinet to my friend's truck without being spotted... :)

Good times. And, to recap, great review of a unique and often misunderstood genre, snk. :)