KOF MI Vids and Pics and SSZS Zetsumei Ougi Demo

Wizard

Is it me or is Clark's *ahem* u know, look a lot freakishly bigger?

I will definitely aim to kick there when in a fight! :angry:

See!! I'm not the only one that thinks so!! I posted that in an earlier thread and peopel got all homophobic on me.

lol it happens. but yeah, it seems like snkp is "enhancing" everybody...this is the first time im actualy attracted to yuri haha

She and Athena are finally grown up :P

Oh yeah, some news is that it might be in the PS2/Xbox versions after all. SNKP might pull a KOF`96, where Chizuru and Geonitz had all their sprites and portaits on the cart, but were never used on the Neo-Geo version, but they were used in the PS1 port.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using one funky online translator:

Reply From Imoya

809 arcades contributed to this cause on: 04/07/15 22:19 ID: Unknown

1. About the level of cruelty expressed in the game which encountered complaints from users.

The arcade edition is uncut because these complains came in once the game [samurai Spirits Zero Special Edition] was released in arcades in April 2004. Arcade operators had received complaints about the violence in the game.

The game was censored because of both current world and Japanese events, also concerning Japan’s criminal behavior and concerning an event that happened in Nagasaki. In addition, based on these complains, we censored the game for the home release by the time the release date came. The Neo-Geo arcade version is still uncensored because it was released in April and is known as the <COMPLETE EDITION> Understanding the impressions we got from the arcade operators, we will be replacing the current home versions defective carts with new, bug-free carts. We understand your anger [the AES owners] and it will come simply as is.

I hope that gets thru, my interpratantions is poor, but I had a friend who helped me get it straight, or most of it, she's still studing japanese.

The Nagaski incident happened last month on June 1st, when a female elementry school student killed her classmate at school by cutting her throat, and came to school the next day waring the same clothing, covered in blood. She confessed to police the next day after killing her. If you've been to certain BBSes, they referer her as Nevada girl because of the sweat shirt she wore when she killed her and when she was arrested. You can read it here

Edited by K`dash

You could have just put the translated text, since very few people here can fluently read japanese. :lol:

Anyway, I suppose this means that we'll be seeing the uncensored version...

Edited by Agozer

Everytime I d/l that SS5 video it only shows the first frame and I can only hear the entire video.

You need DivX codec to view it. Download the latest version at www.divx.com. In the download section, look for the freeware, just the player, version.

The Phantom,Jul 17 2004, 06:06 PM]
You could have just put the translated text, since very few people here can fluently read japanese. :lol:

If it gets out of Japan... :D

My, aren't we pessimistic today. :D

We could see an uncensord version of sorts. It would be with the some(most likely most) of the gore taken out.

The Phantom,Jul 17 2004, 06:06 PM]
You could have just put the translated text, since very few people here can fluently read japanese. B)

If it gets out of Japan... :(

My, aren't we pessimistic today. :lol:

Limited edition, Japan only, overwhelming price tag.

I wouldn't get too optimistic either :(

But who knows :)

I played a little of KOF:MI at this year's E3. It was neat, but it definately wasn't "the new KOF" or anything. It reminded me of most earlier attempts at 3D fighters, kinda stiff and choppy feeling. It definately didn't have the same pacing as it's 2D counterparts. The graphics were definately sweet though, and the roster (what of it was available) was well-chosen.

As for the SSVS fatalities... I don't know about arcade-goers in Japan, but I grew up seeing things like Time Killers and ridiculous amounts of Mortal Kombat and other fatality-laden games. Maybe I've just grown jaded, but there were only about three of these that really struck any kind of nerve. Suija's was cool and, after a brief pause, pretty gruesome. Kusare-whatever's (the big demon thing) was rather disturbing, but he is as a character so it was expected. And Basara's was rather creepy as well (and it didn't help that he does it to the little innocent looking chick in the vid). Dark Haomaru's (whatever his name is) was pretty nasty too, but it was nothing Kano hasn't done countless times before. :D

That said, I once pulled Talon's "tazmanian-devil" style fatality in Primal Rage, on one of the apes even (they're the worst, their jaw falls off in a bloody drip and everything), in front of a little kid without realizing it. I felt pretty bad when his mom covered his eyes and walked him away from the neat dinosaur game.

Oh yeah, and Enja's fatality was pretty awesome, and Hanzo's made me think of the doctor character in Tenchu 3.