Samurai Spirits Tenka News

Wizard

samuraitenka06l5bb.th.jpg samuraitenka07l0bk.th.jpg

Source >>411 (seems more reliable than the dreammatch guy)

24 characters from SS0, Wanfu (with a new weapon, a staff with metal spheres?), 346, and 2 new characters, Andrieu (??? André?) and Sôroku (Looks like like Gaira in SS0). Other characters ahead. The sprites are Supisupe with some color tweaks. Several new moves. The backgrounds are 3D, and the difference with the sprite is only slightly less ugly than in Nowave.

There is a system select, one with the ikari gauge plus another gauge for another super move, one without gauges and a bonus in attack and defense, and a superarmor. This is so bad it's almost funny.

One good detail : the jumps are lower, and the speed has been adjusted, it feels more smooth. Also, Gaira seems to be bald.

Kuroko and Hikyaku (bombs and life up) are back. You can choose if you want Hikyaku or not.

No word on whose deving it. We need Yuki to do it!

The name, "Tenkaichi Kenkyakuden," roughly translates too "The Story of The Stronger Swordman" or "The Legend of the Strong Swordsmen."

Update #1:

24 characters from SSV are;

Basara Kubikiri

Charlotte

Enja

Gaira Kafuin

Galford

Genjuro Kibagami

Hanzo Hattori

Haohmaru

Jubei Yagyu

Kazuki Kazama

Kusaregedo Youkai

Kyoshiro Senryo

Mina Majikina

Nakoruru

Rasetsumaru

Rera

Rimururu

Shizumaru Hisame

Sogetsu Kazama

Suija

Tam Tam

Ukyo Tachibana

Yoshitora Tokugawa

Yunfei Liu

Plus

Wanfu

Andrew*

Sugoroku*

Also the Ikari gauge(POW) was changed in favor of super armor and a attack/defense deal.

Update #2:

The movelist has been posted up.

and I made a collage of pics using pictures Iggy-san has posted.

sst18vk.th.jpg

and

sst20hw.th.jpg

To keep the quality of the pictures i set them both to 100% JPG Quality.

all sourced info goes to MMcafe.

Update #3: http://chris-and.nihongonauts.com/index.php?p=34]Translated impression of the new SSIV.[/url]

*Fixed from the translation.

Telling from the small tucked away test. Sanjuro is owning it up. I'm hoping they add a few more (Yumeji and Cham Cham come to mind *wistle*), but alas , thats wishful thinking. As long as it ain't broken(like SS3/4/0) I'll be a very happy person. Oh and Ukyo gets some more sheit added to him or something.

Update #4:

Screw this game, Imoya stopped testing it. Broken kthx.

Edited by K`dash

In English and what does SS stand for?

Samurai Spirits Tenka, the new SS game for Atomiswave. No pictures yet. But think of something along the lines of Neowave a little more enchanced.

Samurai Spirits Tenka, the new SS game for Atomiswave. No pictures yet. But think of something along the lines of Neowave a little more enchanced.

Have you even seen the front page? http://www.1emulation.com

I was the one that posted it before hand(Beta test date, location, translation notes). Everything about the game is coming from Iggy and that other dude at srk. And no, those aren't pictures of the actual game.

The title is more or less "the story of the stronger swordman" also. Which I also reported in another thread. Behind the times GC, for I am the extreme person with game news that isn't from the-magicbox!

Edited by K`dash

Have you even seen the front page? http://www.1emulation.com

I was the one that posted it before hand(Beta test date, location, translation notes). Everything about the game is coming from Iggy and that other dude at srk. And no, those aren't pictures of the actual game.

Uhmm.. I know they aren't pictures of the actual game.

I made that collage myself and used images of Samurai Shodown 5. :P

Carrying on.

For the lazy, list of characters.

24 characters from SSV are;

Basara Kubikiri

Charlotte

Enja

Gaira Kafuin

Galford

Genjuro Kibagami

Hanzo Hattori

Haohmaru

Jubei Yagyu

Kazuki Kazama

Kusaregedo Youkai

Kyoshiro Senryo

Mina Majikina

Nakoruru

Rasetsumaru

Rera

Rimururu

Shizumaru Hisame

Sogetsu Kazama

Suija

Tam Tam

Ukyo Tachibana

Yoshitora Tokugawa

Yunfei Liu

Plus

Wanfu

Andre(name is rawr, needs proper roman)

Sôroku

Also the Ikari gauge(POW) was changed in favor of super armor and a attack/defense deal.

What I'd like to see: Updated Yumeji, although highly unlikely since her ending endicates that she became a Nun after the events of SS0. Cham Cham (yes, I want her back, just for the sake of having her, come on) and Yuki to develop it. Although the sprites are better then Neowave's, it follows up the same style as it (resizing, fixing, AAing to look less shiet) I'm kind of glad it's still using the classic style.

One thing I hate about SS and Last Blade is that the sprites become awfully ugly when the characters are far apart, I hope the new game doesn't have such things. Anyway, what does Tenka means?

Anyway, what does Tenka means?

Short for "Tenkaichi Kenkyakuden" roughly translates too "The Story of The Stronger Swordman" or "The Legend of the Strong Swordsmen." Both are in literal of course.

One thing I hate about SS and Last Blade is that the sprites become awfully ugly when the characters are far apart, I hope the new game doesn't have such things.

That's because of the zooming. Every Samurai Spririts game has had that. Bar the ones that appeared on Hyper Neo-Geo 64 I think.