registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> Browser ransomware hijack when visiting this site - Gossip Café [/offtopic] - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Browser ransomware hijack when visiting this site

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Superman

Superman

Evil Supes

• Premium Members
  • 556 posts
A couple of times now when visiting this site using Firefox I have had a browser hijacker redirect to a ransomware site. It's says that my computer is locked and I have to ring a toll free number to unlock it (with an man audibly saying it too). There is a password box on the screen and the window won't close so I have to do a forced shutdown of my browser to get rid of it.

Anyone else seen this?

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,642 posts
No I haven't.

Are you sure you don't have malware in your computer?

If I were you I'd have the computer examined thoroughly.

Superman

Superman

Evil Supes

• Premium Members
  • 556 posts
I run malware bytes and windows defender every few days and they always come back clean. I have had it happen twice in the last 10 days and both times whilst browsing this site. I click on view new posts and open a post (usually about the latest releases or mame) then after a few seconds it occurred. I do visit here daily and it doesn't happen all the time so it's strange. If there is anything on here then I'm sure Miskie would find it if he is still hosting it of course.

Superman

Superman

Evil Supes

• Premium Members
  • 556 posts

Ok I just tried it again and sure enough after a few minutes it happened again. This is the only site that it happens on and I managed to get a screenshot. FDF4FDFA-AA91-484F-B0F3-0D53B1A18F36_zps

UPDATED* I downloaded another spyware program called Adwcleaner. Its part of the malware bytes family and this one found a few things so I hope that has fixed my issue.

Stay safe and clean folks! ')

Edited by Superman, 25 June 2017 - 11:32 AM.

demonkatze

demonkatze

• Members+
  • 19 posts

I haven't seen for now.
I'm using Windows XP and Firefox.

The other day I saw news about ransomware on TV. Really dirty tricks... :sad:

Edited by demonkatze, 25 June 2017 - 03:34 PM.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,642 posts
Good that you found something. It definitely looks like you had a malware attack.

For extra protection I would block the site that shows that screen in hosts file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users