CrapidShare

The-Ice-Man

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I remember back in the day some of these half-assed file repositories would only allow you to download so many files per day. When you hit your cap, it would lock you out for 24 hours unless you paid them... or deleted your cookies. The idiots actually stored that lockout info on the client end.

Ha yeah I remember deleting cookies and doing that.

I still think the worst place to download files on the internet is fileplanet. They are an all legal site so I guess you can't really compare them but they used to drive me crazy back in the day. I have refused to download anything there for years, It might be better now I dunno but it pissed me off so bad I don't even want to try and find out. I remember waiting in line for 2 hours+ to get a file. The stupid download system was glitchy as hell too so sometimes you would have to start over. I refuse to pay for these sites legal or not. You can't just fuck over everyone who doesn't pay.

I think if you "pay" for it and you have a good connection and you can find a good group then it aint so bad - still if you have a good connection and just a little know how torrents still kick the most ass.

I would never pay. I use fileplanet when I want official patches for games. As it happens I haven't had to wait in line for anything for ages.

That sucks, can't they just put it straight into your bank account?