The new chds

Diso

a CHD is a hard-drive image.

to play Killer instinct 2, you have to have a CHD file in a certain folder, and kinst2.zip in the roms folder.

speaking of CHDs... why the hell is my framerate for Killer Instinct 2 so poor? It's a 2D game, and I can emulate KoF2001 through Kawaks without a problem.

I've got 768 Megs of RAM, and 2 Athlon 1800+ CPUs... could it be the GeForce2MX card?

a CHD is a hard-drive image.

to play Killer instinct 2, you have to have a CHD file in a certain folder, and kinst2.zip in the roms folder.

speaking of CHDs... why the hell is my framerate for Killer Instinct 2 so poor?  It's a 2D game, and I can emulate KoF2001 through Kawaks without a problem.

I've got 768 Megs of RAM, and 2 Athlon 1800+ CPUs...  could it be the GeForce2MX card?

prolly. its more of a 3dish game using polygons.

its probably ur graphics card for my guess

• 2 weeks later...

A link I followed from the MAMEworld website said that there was a new CHD format, one which removed all the junk data. Said he got his MACE chd from 1 GB to 135 MB (which makes sense, cause from what I saw at arcades, there's no way that game takes up 1 GB of space. I'd be surprised if it took more than 200 MB). Was an renowned developer-type, too.

This "junk data" could have something to do with the poor performance on my PC. But I doubt it. I got KI 1 and it runs just as poorly as the sequel.

/me needs teh employment!