Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The new chds

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts
Click to view battle stats
As games continue on, more and more games for mame require chds

i tell u, these chds are a pain to get :D

The chd for MACE: THE DARK AGE

is about 1 gig of space!

gonna hafta buy more hd space :(

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
Dumb question, I seem to ask a lot of these. Whats a chd???

nezumi

nezumi

Resident Linux Zealot

• Premium Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Learning Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL<br>Emulation<br>Computer Hardware<br>Historical European Swordsmanship
a CHD is a hard-drive image.
to play Killer instinct 2, you have to have a CHD file in a certain folder, and kinst2.zip in the roms folder.

speaking of CHDs... why the hell is my framerate for Killer Instinct 2 so poor? It's a 2D game, and I can emulate KoF2001 through Kawaks without a problem.

I've got 768 Megs of RAM, and 2 Athlon 1800+ CPUs... could it be the GeForce2MX card?

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts

a CHD is a hard-drive image.
to play Killer instinct 2, you have to have a CHD file in a certain folder, and kinst2.zip in the roms folder.

speaking of CHDs... why the hell is my framerate for Killer Instinct 2 so poor?  It's a 2D game, and I can emulate KoF2001 through Kawaks without a problem.

I've got 768 Megs of RAM, and 2 Athlon 1800+ CPUs...  could it be the GeForce2MX card?

prolly. its more of a 3dish game using polygons.

its probably ur graphics card for my guess

solidius23

solidius23

The Cult of Personality

• 2,861 posts
i think its the graphics card too because it would run like crap on my geforce 4 440 mx but on my radeon 9700 it runs perfect

nezumi

nezumi

Resident Linux Zealot

• Premium Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Learning Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL<br>Emulation<br>Computer Hardware<br>Historical European Swordsmanship
A link I followed from the MAMEworld website said that there was a new CHD format, one which removed all the junk data. Said he got his MACE chd from 1 GB to 135 MB (which makes sense, cause from what I saw at arcades, there's no way that game takes up 1 GB of space. I'd be surprised if it took more than 200 MB). Was an renowned developer-type, too.

This "junk data" could have something to do with the poor performance on my PC. But I doubt it. I got KI 1 and it runs just as poorly as the sequel.

/me needs teh employment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users