[6/22/05] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

This is the eighth Fire Emblem (FE) out the nine FEs, and the third FE on the GBA and the second FE that is in English. Storyline is new and not related the previous FEs. New classes are added and two classes are removed (Nomad and Nomad Trooper), while new classes are added (Mage Knight, Great Knight, etc.).

How good is the game? Since everyone have different opinions on how good or bad a game is. I will use the two other FEs on the GBA to compare.

Classes: New classes added, and there is a choice to choose which class to be instead of the old way of swordsman to swordsmaster, you can choose to be an assassin instead. (FE8>FE7>FE6)

Skills: Some promoted classes get special skills like Silencer, Pierce and Big Shield. And I won't spoil them for you, get the game if you want to know. (FE8>FE6&FE7)

Characters: Compared to the other two, TSS has lesser playable characters which makes the game harder, since you cannot lose too many characters. (FE6 & FE7>FE8)

Chapters: TSS only has one gaiden chapters which has no requirements. Thus, there is any hard goals in any chapters, which make good gamers bored. And the game is much shorter. The good thing is that you can get to choose two different routes after a particular chapter. (FE6 & FE8>FE7)

Legendary Items: Legendary items are called Twin Relics in TSS, thus all items come at one time, and there is no special requirements to get them, so no matter how bad a gamer is, as long they can finish that particular chapter, you get the relics. (FE6>FE8>FE7)

Maps: Still the same, but in TSS, you get to go to places you visited in past chapters to buy items and fight monsters. There are two extras places for you to fight and gain items. Otherwise, still the same. (FE8>FE6&FE7)

Unlocking of Secret Characters: Same as FE6, after you finish the game, save at Epilogue and go to extras. But this time you just have to battle monsters at the two additional places on the maps. (FE8>FE6>FE7) *Finish the game 8 times in FE6 to unlock all secret characters is crazy in my opinion*

Graphics: Common sense. New game means nicer graphics. (FE8>FE7>FE6)

Sound: No comment, I don't like to open my speaker too high.

Overall: Out of the three FEs on the GBA. TSS is good with new classes, but not the gaidens and the ways of getting legendary items. FE6 wins TSS with gaidens and ways of getting legendary items. As for FE7, good gaidens, and as for the "ways" of getting legendary items is *faints*....... So, if you are a FE fan, you MUST get the game! And if you only play FE7 and like it so much, play TSS, you will 10000% love it but don't throw your FE7 game away.

Overall marks: 8/10 (Will be 9 if there are more gaidens chapters and more difficulty in getting legendary weapons. Will be 9.5 if there is a map creator like Advanced Wars. Will be 10 if we can make an ungodly custom character.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

fire emblem :seima no kouseki (the sacred stones) is just a pure kickass game.

hint: to max your characters and your pockets out early in the game, whore the first arena in the game till you've had you're fill, but be sure to leave the boss of the map alive so you can whore the arena.