Help me get my UPS to STFU

I dont think this belongs in PC help, because its about a UPS, but admins amd mods feel free to move it if it should be.

anyway... I have a UPS, its an APC Back-UPS ES 500 in specific. and its having a bit of an issue.

Basically what happens is, I plug it in, turn it on, it beeps and clicks like normal, and everthing plugged into it is able to turn on, the faulty wiring light stays off and everything. After about 10 seconds, it clicks again, power is still going to everything, the faulty wiring light is still off, but its beeping like crazy, and wont stop!! Even if i press the surge reset button thingy.

What the hell is going on? it doesnt matter if things are plugged in or not, or what outlet i use it on. Someone told me it might need to charge, but i left it beeping like that for an entire weekend (i wasnt home, i would have went out of my mind if i was home) and it still does that. ANyone got an idea of whats going on?

Most certainly does belong in PC Technical help forum and nowhere else.

Anyway, what model is it? There is no simple "ES 500", is it a BE500, a BF500 or any other variation of the ES family?

I suggest regardless, that you read this.

Edited by IJTF_Cinder

I had a Back-UPS 500 Pro and it basicall liked to do the same thing. I thought it was the battery, but it started to beep again after a couple months.

You can clear the beeping noise by pressing the on button (which will cause it to test the battery).

Next time, I have to remember to skip the Back-UPS series and head straight for the Smart-Pro line which is more widely used in IT. For now, I would recommend either replacing your UPS with a power strip or find another UPS to use. Let me know if you found something good since I chose to do the former.