Need a program that speeds up sounds/songs

Wizard

Yes, the only thing stopping my from completeting my task of adding all the korean #reload songs to the PC version of #reload is the fact Kite did something to the OGG files. Anyways, by passing it, they did something so when outside ogg files replace the current ones, they play really slow. So by speeding up the songs they can sound like they are suppose to be heard. But what program can do that and takes ogg files?

I have a program called CoolEdit2000 that let's you take a song and stretch it to make it sound fast or slow. Then you can save it as an OGG. It takes a little getting used to since you have to find the correct ratio you want the song to depress or extend to.

EDIT: Dammit, I don't think it opens OGGs. I tried to open one of those OGG files from the GGXX folder and its just static.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Gryph, move the files out of the folder first.

Then you can mass edit. I'll try using cooledit. Once I get past this, I might post the way I did it so others can change the music.

You can do the same with Acid or maybe even SoundForge.... but you'll have to squeeze each file individually.

On the other hand, you can use a WinAmp plugin to speed up the songs so you don't have to go through the pain if you don't need to.

I already got it. Soundforge DOES NOT HAVE anything to speed up. As for acid, that thing's UI can go to hell.

I already got it. Soundforge DOES NOT HAVE anything to speed up. As for acid, that thing's UI can go to hell.

If you need help with Acid, let me know. Keep in mind that Acid isn't really meant for your purpose - it is a basic sequencer. However, it isn't really that hard to use... if you find the program complicated, good luck with some of the other ones out there :P.

I'll install soundforge later and confirm that it can't speed up songs for you.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY!!! I had managed to change the tracks just by now! HEY!!! There's still problems! I've found the reason why GGXX play the tracks slowly: it's because it's has an 22KHZ player (like it plays those realy low quality musics, ogg vorbs 40 kbps and 22khz). Do you guys got it already?? Then, here is the problem! When I speed up the track, it ALWAYS loses quality! So, there are two ways to solve the problem: 1- Find one way to speed up the track, and try to speed down it without loss. This is the Hard Way. 2- Find someone who know's hacking, to change the player, or make it use another plugin or something like that! Then there'll be no need to speed up the track! GO IT??? PLEASE, Im waiting!