Emulator Loader

rutherford

Hey everyone,

I made an autorun loader for console emulators that I'd like to share. The loader

can be placed in the root directory of a cd or dvd and when run shows a GUI that

will run the following emulators: Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, NeoGeo, Nintendo,

Nintendo 64, Playstation, Genesis, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo and

Turbo Grafx 16. The emulators are included in the file (note that there are NO

roms or BIOS included, you must find those on your own). I don't have any

webspace so I used a free one but I'm limited in what filesize I can upload so I had

to span it across 8 rar files which total about 13 mb. You can get it here:

http://www.angelfire.com/scary/emuloader/

Please note that there are bandwidth limitations as well so everyone my not be

able to get it at the same time. If anyone wants to host it on space that they have

you're more than welcome to. Please view the readme before using. I just made it

for fun and won't be modifying it unless there are tons of requests and I have time.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy it!

Well I didn't burn it on a CD so it didn't work fully. But I think the interface is great. Another thing...I really think you should contact the authors of the emulators you have in this loader and ask permission if you can bundle it with your software.

Thanks GryphonKlaw. If you wanted to try it out without burning a CD and you're running windows just go to a command prompt and use the SUBST command

e.g. type:

SUBST X: C:\{path where download is}\

i.e. where 'X:' is the substituted drive (like a drive mapping but with a directory of your choosing) and put in the path where you downloaded the file with the autorun.exe.

You're right, I should contact the authors of the emulators. But I'll just remove the links and not have it available for download because I'm pretty sure I won't get every single one of the authors to agree to have their software bundled with others. It'll be too much of a hassle to get consent for all of them and it'll be an incomplete set to have to take any out so I won't bother with it at all. But I appreciate your input!