PSTwo Pics

Wizard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is like a normal ps2 right how much does it cost?

any improvments besides it being alot smaller?

Product Name: PlayStation 2

Color: Charcoal Black

Product Code: SCPH-70000 CB

Dimensions: 230mm (W) x 28mm (H) x 152mm (D)

Weight: Approximately 900g

Power Requirements: DC 8.5V

Electrical Current Consumption: Approximately 5.3A

Compatible Formats: PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, Audio CD, DVD-Video*, DVD-RW (VR Mode)

Interfaces: 2 Controller Ports, 2 Memory Card Slots, 2 USB Connectors, 1 Network Connector (100BASE-TX/10BASE-T), 1 DC In 8.5V Connector, 1 AV Multi Out Connector, Digital Out Connector (Optical), 1 Dual Shock 2 Analog Controller, 1 AV Cable (Integrated Audio/Video)

*The term "DVD-Video" is used to refer to DVD-R, DVD-RW (video mode), DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs.

So yeah, some improvements + the fliptop.

Edited by Agozer

OMF...someone just had to stick a GT4 in the flockin' system...that'll make everyone get the PSTwo 10 fold. :shootem:

I'd prefer a Crisis Zone DVD in there. :P Or an import VF4 Final Tuned.

Odd that they'd include the network connector and skip out on the HD, although I could see where that would bulk it up a bit. But whatever, if you already have a Hard Drive, you already have a PS2 and you don't need this thing. If you want it, you get to pay whatever Sony (Or madcatz, heh) decides to charge for a Hard Drive housing. It's not the inconvinience (I never could spell that word) itself that bothers me.

What bugs me is that this makes it seem more like Sony doesn't give a rat's patoot about online play. And as much as I enjoy actually seeing the people I play with from time to time, sales indicate that online play is going to be a big factor in the continuing success of the current generation (and a given for the next). This would have been their chance to match the XBox in terms of features where that is concerned, including the HD AND the Network Adaptor on board.

Edit: NICE new pics K'. That is one tiny system.

Edited by Daeval

im pretty sure this new ps2 will be very popular to those who likes to have games in their auto-mobiles and to those who are still living in the "fixing up your rice rocket" lifestyle though it has been dead ever since it became so commericialized..(ok im digressin) anyways, wouldnt be surprised to see this new ps2 in a lot of SUVs and other cars that has lil tvs in there...