opinion need please

Corn99

i made a character on softimage to resemble nights from nights into dreams,to play on half life 2,i tried to keep it low poly i tried not to exceed 1400 polygons for this character but he came out to 1600,is that ok?and second does it even resembles nights?heres a pic if "him"

low_poly_nights.jpg

Edited by double99

Once you start skinning it the poly count will skyrocket. More polys = more sexy. Althought it is a nice model, I think the arms and legs require more smoothing.

so good attempt for a first try? but the truth is i have a "concept" model which used less polygons(not only because the snapshot i is half done,i have tested it fully done but i didnt like it) and seemed better ill post it in a sec

Edited by double99

That model is much better imo. Very smooth, looks like it uses more poly then the other one. Just need to hit the old mirror so the other side appears like a mirror image wehn you save it.

i did finish the concept model but trashed it and made the blocky one even thought the concept used less poygons but i looked smoother(on the blocky model i reduced the polygons on every thing while in the concept the body suffered almost no reduction but the head and hads were heavily reduced)blocky=1600 polygons concept=1530 its gone(the concept one) now i deleted(stupid stupid stupid me)also it looks smoother cause i used bevel on arms and legs while the other i decided not to.

Edited by double99

Once you start skinning it the poly count will skyrocket. More polys = more sexy. Althought it is a nice model, I think the arms and legs require more smoothing.

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean here? I've skinned before, but never modelled, though I am looking to start pretty soon. How would skinning increase the poly count? Do you mean he'd want to go back and increase it once he started skinning? You've broken my brain!