Russian School Seige Ends after hours of gunfire

Wizard

Yeah, obviously this was a horrible, horrible thing. Terrorism is quickly replacing "war" and, while I never thought the end of "war" would be a bad thing, that's what it's looking like.

I'm curious, and curious is nowhere near strong enough a word, about what kinds of developments, military or otherwise, will help combat these attacks. Traditional armies, security forces, and even "special forces" seem to be dangerously innefficient, not really accounting for opponents who seem to have no concern for their own lives. Since it looks like fanatic nutjobs aren't in any short supply, someone's going to have to think outside the box on this one, and I hope they do it soon.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, obviously this was a horrible, horrible thing.  Terrorism is quickly replacing "war" and, while I never thought the end of "war" would be a bad thing, that's what it's looking like. 

I'm curious, and curious is nowhere near strong enough a word, about what kinds of developments, military or otherwise, will help combat these attacks.  Traditional armies, security forces, and even "special forces" seem to be dangerously innefficient, not really accounting for opponents who seem to have no concern for their own lives.  Since it looks like fanatic nutjobs aren't in any short supply, someone's going to have to think outside the box on this one, and I hope they do it soon.

In other words, no one could ever say that the war is definitely over. Hmmm........ :clapping:

Yeah, obviously this was a horrible, horrible thing.  Terrorism is quickly replacing "war" and, while I never thought the end of "war" would be a bad thing, that's what it's looking like. 

I'm curious, and curious is nowhere near strong enough a word, about what kinds of developments, military or otherwise, will help combat these attacks.  Traditional armies, security forces, and even "special forces" seem to be dangerously innefficient, not really accounting for opponents who seem to have no concern for their own lives.  Since it looks like fanatic nutjobs aren't in any short supply, someone's going to have to think outside the box on this one, and I hope they do it soon.

In other words, no one could ever say that the war is definitely over. Hmmm........ :clapping:

Bush said "we can't win the war on terrorism"

I hate to say it, but try looking at it from the terrorists point of view.

But to use kids as hostages???

Most of the Chechens have seen only war and bloodshed since childhood. So this act of holding children hostage are normal by their standards. Not that I'm endorsing it.

He did? That's unusual statement. :(

Yup. Of course the day after he said "we're winning and we will win"

Those kind of speeches are generally made up just for grab the attention for the viewers in hoping that they will vote for him for the next run. Bah! :clapping:

He did? That's unusual statement. :jawshocker:

Yup. Of course the day after he said "we're winning and we will win"

Those kind of speeches are generally made up just for grab the attention for the viewers in hoping that they will vote for him for the next run. Bah! :(

Sound like one of our politician favourite's phrase :clapping: