Man, its sure taking forever for SSVS to come out.

Razoolas latest Unibios fixes the AES issue. Ofcourse people need to install a unibios chip in their AES systems but at least they aren't without the gore.

Damn shame SNKP did this to them. These guys forked out $350+ per game just to receive some censored crap. At least Raz took care of everyone.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the CD combos are a controversial thing. CD combos are what made SS4 so popular and so active among offline battle teams.

Also it made so many possibilities and there are stuff yet to be found out.

A colleague of mine knows a person in Japan who actually wrote his Graduate Thesis on SS4. And yes he graduated - He was not merely joking when he wrote his graduate thesis about a video game.

And Gaoh's transformation is no more(DUH), and the FAQs in www.gamesfaq.com have WRONG PARTS in it.

I've read through them all and I've found parts just ripped up from SS4 guides which are no more.

Do NOT trust the guides in www.gamesfaq.com 100%, especially the SSVS ones.

For instance, Zankuro's dash A no longer stuns as it says in the SSVS FAQ(or thats what it used to say) by Megura(i think). That was back in SS4 when he was a boss.

If you want to know anything trustworthy, grab a translating site, and try reading this homepage:

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~hitokiri/

The most renowned research lab for SSVS.

About the rom, there is BARELY any news. I keep getting different rumors.

1) Mr.Lee dumped it

2) They're having a hard time cuz they don't have the MVS cartridge

And some others, but those above two seem the most time-worthy.

I think it's downgarded after SS4. No Bust/Slash, Grade Select, fatalityes, etc.

Well, they removed bust slash, grade select, all of them because they were making insane imbalances.

If you have noticed, all the major tournaments BAN begginer mode. Even the Upper mode can be abused.

You try to follow a good Nakoruru slash with upper. With the increased speed, less delay, increased defense, in good hands she becomes a true god.

And everyone who knows half the game knows how broken Beginner Hanzo is.

A (cancel) Cd = 1/4th of life away. When Hanzo gets into rage(which takes about 1/7th of his life), his CD+start button (cancel) qcb+a (connect) Jump C + Mozu Otoshi = One line of life gone.

And slash/bust was good, but it generated inferior characters that were pretty much never used.

Gaira bust? Good in good players hands, but want to compare that with Slash?

Compare haohmaru slash with bust? we're talking difference of Heaven and Mud.

Kyoshiro Bust? I have fun with it, but I would NEVER use it to face a good person.

Of course, such changes would be justified if Yuki did balance SSV, which they failed miserably.

Fatalities, well, they're sort of coming back. Besides, SS4 fatalities were criticized for trying to imitate Mortal Kombat when SS4 came out.

Now we can see the more "Samurai Shodown-ish" fatalities in SSVS, which I think is a good improvement.

But over all things, I really miss the SS4 atmosphere - serious, competetive and faster.