need help getting crackling sound off

iam turning dreamcast sound files(.adx)(or sound archive(.afs)) into a wav sound file it works but theres a crackling sound in the back ground.does anyone know what went wrong.

Edited by double99

Strange, changed ADX files to wav I didn't get any crackeling sound. Double check, it could be just your speakers.

thanks but ifigured out something better a dos program that take them out of the afs but turn them into wav as soon as it reads it.they sound great but eats alot of hard drive space.

Edited by double99

hey purge can u take a look at this movie i ripped out of spc5 p2.i had to modify the audio alittle with an adio editor cause there was 2 songs stuck as one song.when i encoded the movie i made the quality as low as possible just in case u have dial up.its the ending movie with audio.heres a link,right click and on click save as to save to hard disk

Edited by double99

thanks but ifigured out something better a dos program that take them out of the afs but turn them into wav as soon as it reads it.they sound great but eats alot of hard drive space.

just use dbpoweramp if you want to re-encode the musik into compressed formats (mp3, mp4, ogg, etc, etc)

hey purge can u take a look at this movie i ripped out of spc5 p2.i had to modify the audio alittle with an adio editor cause there was 2 songs stuck as one song.when i encoded the movie i made the quality as low as possible just in case u have dial up.its the ending movie with audio.heres a link,right click and on click save as to save to hard disk

you did a great job. in case you didnt know, the intro movie is inside of makuma.afs along with the report intros and a plethora of other goodies, but sound is stored inside title.afs.if you got aim ill help you subtitle the movie if you want : ).

edit: after reading your post on the other board, i suggest you take that movie down till its encoded with something else... giving out files that program generates could cause unnessecary attention. I put up a worthy recommendation on the other site : ). Ims ure youll find it much better in any respect to the program you used. Especially a 2pass vbr encoding :thumbsu:

Edited by Purge