Samurai Spirits Zero for PS2

well i got my hands on Samurai Spirits Zero for PS2 today and tried it and i must say its good and bad.

good is the sound, off bat the music sounds a lot better then the cart and also have options for arrange/original

the controls work very nicely and they even set it up to make things a lot easier

2 bosses are playable from get go

now for the bad:

the loading in this game is a bit annoying even tho the pics during loading are nice

the gfx look great but a bit blocky which makes me wish they added a filter option like sf3 had.

once again, snk/playmore didn't add a language option so you gotta live with the japanese text (menu/options is english tho)

and last, its not the special version which has all the lovely fatalites and other goodies

so overall another decent port by snk/playmore

Edited by Prican25

I cancled my order so I can wait for the Double Pack thats coming out in around January hopefully.

SNK Upscanned the sprites and backgrounds(which may or may not be good, telling from other SNK ports, Dreamcast KOF2k2 & 99Evolution is still the best looking). And the AST must be great, i'm trying to order that B)

And this is the japanese version, because i'm expecting the U.S. version to HAVE NO STORY WHAT SO EVER. But that might change. Anyways, if the U.S. version sucks, might as well warez it.

A person I know who lives in Japan found it all right, although

the ripped-off illustrations from the orginal game as background picture for the loading seems careless IMO.

It's a nice factor how Yumeji and Sankuro are playable, with their own storylines, and a new DM for Yumeji as well.

Yumeji's DM is the one of Ukyo's bust DM in SS4, or his Zetsumei Ogi in SSZS.

They say they must have done a new dot job on it because the sprites looked

nice and clean.

However, some bugs still exist.

Rasetsumaru's dash C still does zero damage, and most of the stuff are just same with the arcade version.

The new colors for Yumeji and Sankuro are pretty neat, I heard.

The Phantom,Jul 30 2004, 01:13 AM] Yumeji's DM is the one of Ukyo's bust DM in SS4, or his Zetsumei Ogi in SSZS.

I guess that would be the one from her Bustmaru's ending right?

And can you get some info on her storyline (if you can't tell, I love Yumeji, i got a thing for women in red with a sword. Frist Hibiki, then Baiken(although she aims towards pink, but who cares pink is a light shade of red), now her :P).