SSZ:Special Tourney videos (More Added)

Type of battle : Single(1vs1) Tournament

You can get it here.

To download, right lick the link above and click on "save as..."

Amazing fight.

Pay attention to the notorious power of BC and the full invincibility time of the Zetsumei Ogi. The Kusaregedo stage music is nice as well.

Clap clap :P

Edited by [S4]The Phantom

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The video keeps getting currupted with me :P

ugenn: Go here, it's a collection of SSV/SSVS match vids from BNF, a-cho and more.

Nice. Got any vids of the following?

Kazuki

Sogetsu

Gedo

Ukyo

Hanzo

Sure. Right-click on the match-ups below to download.

P.S. I think, in general, A-cho tourneys are not as good as other ones...

Amakusa vs. Hanzo

Points of focus : Amakusa's extremely evil low-mid attacks. Even his normal

attacks must be blocked low/high. Not much change with hanzo

except his disappearing acts are much more viable to use.

Gedo vs. Ukyo

The gedo player, JEO is quite famous - his controls are godly. Not many hands can do moves he can pull off. However, the ukyo player is great too. Notice how Ukyo's dash-grab has a greater length compared to SSZ, and his standing AB even more powerful now.

Ukyo vs. Gaoh

Same Ukyo player as above. Ukyo's 6D-Tsubame Gaeshi pattern seems extremely destructive, and his dash B proves to be a counter to Gaoh's long, slow but powerful attacks. Gaoh has changed alot from SSZ(duh), and is a very good character with solid set of moves and powerful normal attacks.

Kazuki vs. Charlotte

Very good video, notice how Charlotte's dash B is now a mid attack. Kazuki's been improved except for his longer delay when his fire-burst grab misses, and the ability to throw fire at the enemy while on the ground (AC button move) has been notoriously strengthened.

Basara vs. Genjuro

I personally think this video is really cool. You can see how Basara's feint attacks are much more faster, which is a illusion of a dash rather than a slow walk in the previous series. Genjuro has been toned down a LOT, and you can see some noticable differences other than the colors.

Gaira vs. Genjuro

The Gaira player is extremely good, as you can see as he blocks Saren-satsu all the way(the 3-slash move), and he never gives Genjuro to bounce his card over his head. But as you can see Genjuro's card fireball(ok, i know that sounds lame) has gotten a significant delay at start-up, and overall increase in delay as a whole. Damn you SNKP-_- (<- Genjuro user). Don't think this Genjuro is weak - one of the most famous players in ShinJuKu Land Arcade.

Mizuki vs. Mina

As you can all see, Mizuki seems to be a huge heap of delay and lag. You can see how Mina's ranged bow attacks have gotten a bit of a lag, but Mizuki has too much delay on everything. Although continuous experimenting must be done, as far as it seems for now, Mizuki sucks. Especially against those characters who dominate air.

Zankuro vs. Jubei

Thought I'd upload this to show Zankuro in action. He still retains his heavy slashes from SS4, although most of his stuff are toned down(duh). His fireball must be blocked low and his heavy slashs are fast, long and powerful. Note how Jubei's shoulder charging attack now execute faster and have little bit of invincibility time while Jubei charges forward. Althoug Jubei's standing AB and Jump AB has been toned down, it still seems extremely powerful. Also his ground fireball, Shigetsu-to now travels slower but Jubei recovers much faster, making him a lot like Jubei in SS4. However, his defense rating went down. I personally think Zankuro is the coolest in SSZ:Special, although I liked his voice in SS4 better :D

Well, here you go folks, watch it to quench the thirst to play SSZ:Special...

There are a lot more videos but I can't link'em on one day :P

All the videos except the last 2 are from ShinJuKu-Land tourneys, specifically exerpted from the 10th to 13th tournaments.

Enjoy :D

P.S. Sorry, wasn't able to find one for Sogetsu. He is still strong in SSZ:Special as

he is in SSZ.

The video keeps getting currupted with me :D

ugenn: Go here, it's a collection of SSV/SSVS match vids from BNF, a-cho and more.

Try opening them with Quicktime 6.5... I think that might help.

Also, these videos are encoded with wierd codecs... I kept downloading one codec to another till I got them to play :P

Btw, I think the link is broken...

My link works fine, unless Forumplanet did something so no can see it unless your registered. Well, it's at Orochinagi.com, in the forums, in the Samurai Showdown / Last Blade section. Fourmplanet is actully down at the moment.

Also, what were the main, effective, changes to Mina? Is she still the bow throwing whore?

Edited by K`dash

The Phantom,Jul 25 2004, 06:47 AM] Location : Shin Juku Land Arcade in Japan

You can get it here.

Amazing fight.

Pay attention to the notorious power of BC and the full invincibility time of the Zetsumei Ogi. The Kusaregedo stage music is nice as well.

Clap clap :D

Boy...that was boring... :P

Edited by Cominus

My link works fine, unless Forumplanet did something so no can see it unless your registered. Well, it's at Orochinagi.com, in the forums, in the Samurai Showdown / Last Blade section.

Also, what were the main, effective, changes to Mina? Is she still the bow throwing whore?

Most of them are minor changes. Although I will post the whole thing including the changes in the basic throw system(command changes and more), the following are the changes for Mina.

1. Overall increased delay after a ranged arrow attack.

2. Sitting kick (1+C) recovers faster.(means less delay after its executed)

3. Jump kick's attack priority has been shortened, which means she can no longer

Jump backwards and press C to counter almost all Mu no Kyouchi and more.

4. Dash A is now an arrow attack.

5. Dash B has been changed similar to Rimururu's. Its priority has also been

changed as a combo attack.

6. Dash Kick (or C)'s motion changed into something that looks like a dash sitting

kick.

7. Dash AB no longer deflects off an opponent, which means you are more

vulnerable to counterattacks if your Dash AB gets blocked.

8. It is now easier to do Dash grabs(or guard crush, whatever) with Mina, and her

grab range has increased. Great, just great.

9. 4(hold)6 + A, the rapid-fire move on ground now has an increased delay after

finishing the move.

10. Jump arrow attacks have been toned down. In SSZ, after a jump arrow

attack, Mina was pushed back, allowing her to escape secondary persuits.

Now she is much more vulnerable after attacking in mid-air.

11. Her weapon-destroying DM is now a mid attack, along with an invincibility time

to go with it.

-Conclusion-

Due to the delays and nerf to her jump attacks, she can no longer spam arrows and win the game. Her ability to keep distance and rapid-fire is now toned down(although quite potent).

However, her sitting kick, grab, and most of her dash attacks having a buff, she will be quite potent even in close-quarters although quite risky.

Her hit points(defense rating) still remain the lowest in the game, and she will now need to use:

1) Carefully coordinated ranged attacks.

2) When necessary, Mina must go into close-quarters combat starting with the

Ka Ji Hu chi (Aerial drill kick).

3) Due to the change in the grab-attack system, she will no longer lose 1/4 of

her life due to Rage explosion- grab method.

...So I don't know. I think she'll still be a bow-throwing whore, just worse in my opinion. So those with slow hand-eye coordination is gonna have to type GG against a decent Mina, cause it's just hard enough to block the damn arrows when suddenly she comes dashing to grab.

I think I cannot get into the link cuz I am not registered..dunno :P

Well, thats all about Mina that I can find out about. Hope that helped.

The Phantom,Jul 25 2004, 06:47 AM] Location : Shin Juku Land Arcade in Japan

You can get it here.

Amazing fight.

Clap clap :D

Boy...that was boring... :P

Yeah well, my emphasis was on the utilization of the Zetsumei Ogi and the furious fight not to get grabbed, and so on. I was hoping to help those who were dieing to see Zetsumei-Ogi in a tournament.

But seriously, how fun can mirror matches get?

I'm glad it's not something like Kyoshiro vs Kyshiro.

...or worse yet, Gaira vs. Gaira.

Rofl, yeah, that would be boring as hell.

As I said before when I edited my post, Forumplanet is down.

I noticed that mina has just ahs now nerfed power telling from the vid, but still a force to be rekoned with.

And the Ukyo user is pretty badass, although he did lose to Gedo.

Rofl, yeah, that would be boring as hell.

As I said before when I edited my post, Forumplanet is down.

I noticed that mina has just ahs now nerfed power telling from the vid, but still a force to be rekoned with.

And the Ukyo user is pretty badass, although he did lose to Gedo.

I have only seen ONE video where that Gedo player loses.. aginst a Rimururu, who continuously jumped and did Conru Shiral (those ice platforms in midair) over and over, except poking with Dash C.... the link's dead now so I can't post it,

but anyhow that Gedo player is not human :P