Viacom gets slaped!

The media giant Viacom (CBS, Paramount, MTV etc.) has declared that it wants to

enter the gaming industry and would like to buy a distributor! And Viacom does not buy cheap crap, no, they want EA. But get EA isn't for sale unless Viacom can spit out of the wallet 20 BILLION U.S. DOLLARS!! A gigantic price even for Viacom.

They have turned their sights on Activision which is about 3 billion or on Take Two which

is below 2 billion bucks!!

In other news, today is my 48th dad's birthday!!

Edited by axl

If Vaicom takes Activision, I really hope id moves somewhere else.

Oh yeah, happy bday to your dad :S

Totally irrelivent, but yeah, just gonna be nice to you, for a change...

i dont want ID software to be bought. theyre one of the few companies that tries to make sure they release good, if not great games. consequently this means i dont want Raven Software to be bought as well.

oh and happy youthful 48 to your dad ;)

Is today your 48th dad's birthday? Or your dad's 48th birthday? If its the first, you've gone through a lot of dads. B)

And who wasn't expecting this? Its was only a matter of time before ALL entertainment companies wanted in since the video game industry grosses more than the motion picture industry... ;)

As long as Viacom doesn't impose strict guidlines on developers and make them conform, I don't think it really matters. It'll just be a new logo on the box next to developer, producer, and publisher.

And does Activision own Id software? No. Atleast I don't think so. They just have publishing and distributing agreements with them, a very profitable I must add.

Friends of Id Software

Activision is on it as a business partner. And Intel isn't on that list! HHAHAHAAH! And AMD is! AHAHA! pwn3d! :)

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ok, so axl put the words a little wrong, give it a rest already. :D

I thought that Viacom was already in the gaming business (although that ws a long time ago)....