Network trobles

lancerx

Hi

i just recently got this problem, during this weekend i had to reinstall winxp pro in my PC for a couple of time, it matters that after some use of xp, let's say install softw. internet browsing, etc etc i can't get my laptop (winxp HE) to access to my shares files in my PC as i used after every reinstall, i had this adv: you can't access to \\computer name, you don't permisson to access the shares of this network, please contact your system adm". First of all neither in my pc or laptop i use any account to log on, i mean wth is going on? eveything was working fine until i had to reinstall xp this weekend, now is all a mess.

can you guys plese help me?

thank you

By default in XP, the guest account is turned off. Thus requiring you to login with a user/pass matching an account on the PC you wish to access.

If you want annonymous access, turn the guest account on. Otherwise enter your username and password for any of the accounts on the PC you wish to access.

Even if you only have one account and it logs on automatically, you still have a username/password assigned to those accounts.