Algebra Software

I really am in need of help with algebra. I only have 2 classes remaining in college which are college math courses. Math is not one of my strong subjects, and I am looking for an excellent algebra program that will help me. I also am in need of a calculator that can solve equations. What I am hoping for is that there is a calculator that I can input the equations and let the calculator solve problems and as well with software for my PC.

well thanx-n-+vance

from desperately seeking college algebra help.

The math programs I know are Mathematica and Maple. I have and use Maple and its good but my friends who are math and computer science majors say Mathematica is better. I've never seen Mathematica in use so I don't know if its easy to use, but I know Maple isn't bad. It just takes a little getting used to and knowing what to do. Since you'll be using for algebra, it should be easy. I learned to use it for Integral and multi-variable calculus. :P

If you can't find either one, I can RAR and upload Maple 7 (it's at version 9.5 right now).

EDIT: Calculators are a bit tougher...you'll have to actually learn the math. The only calculator that I know of that is good enough to solve equations is the TI-92. The TI-89 has limited solving capabilities but the 92 is the real powerhouse. Both those are tough to learn. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to learn the algebra than to fiddle with that calculator. And I would like to add that most math professors ban TI-92 from exams.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

And I would like to add that most math professors ban TI-92 from exams.

Yeah, because it's too advanced and can solve all equations with a few button presses. :P