Ps2 Help

i'am going 2 buy a ps2 today from miami florida,and i was wondering if anyone know any places not to far out of miami florida what can install a mod-chip in my Ps2 ?

someone is going off today an i will ask them 2 do these stuff,thats why i'am not looking for someplace out of reach.

if i dont get a place i will try and hope 2 find someone from my country who can install it an if that doesn't happen then i will be a first time mod-chip installer. a few questions

1.i was at consolesource.com looking at the ps2 matrix infinity mod-chip an they say its almost easy 2 install.looks that way but is it ok 4 a beginner to try an insatll it into the ps2 ? i really think i can do it.i have a glue gun,what else would i need ?

2.when buying the ps2 how can i find out what version it is before complete purchase?

whoooooaaaa there...dont get a modchip...get this disc http://www.hdloader.com from one of their distributors it shows them on the page...then get a 120G hard drive and you can just install games to the hard drive...im using it and its great...plus your laser wont wear out and will work forever...get a maxtor 120g hard drive they are the most compatible...i have 97 games on the 120g ps2 drive now...ohhh and you need to get the broadband adapter also the hdd fits onto it

look at the "how to" on that web page :rolleyes:

Most Western Digital drives do not physically fit onto the PS2 network adapter wihout some modification, so we recommend that you stay clear of this brand. There are also issues with some modern Segate drives, which cause problems when used in conjunction with older models of the official Sony PS2 network adapter. We recommend using a Maxtor brand HDD with HDLoader.

Well, there goes my vote for this thing :rolleyes: