Family Guy on TBS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xvid is like...really super good quality with really good compression IMO

And it's open source ^^

I researched it a bit, i think i like DivX better, i compared some videos i encoded myself.

Thing is, i either need them in a format my DVD player can play, and thats pretty much everything BUT Xvid, DivX is the most convienient for me for many reasons.

yeah, they where pretty much even, but DivX Encodes faster and had a very slight difference in size, the DivX was smaller buy a few megs. (in a 30 minute video) so im guessing it would be maybe 20 megs smaller in a full length video. But that doesnt even matter to me that much. Id rather have excellent quality video on 2 CDs than poop quality on 1 CD.

I suppose i could re-encode all the Xvid files onto DivX, but thats kinda a pain.

Shiba: You need a DVD player that can handle DivX and XviD movies. Hell, the one I bought two days ago (The Phillips DVP-462 DVD player) runs for $69.99 on Amazon.com (I got it for the same price at CompUSA). However, I had a lot of trouble finding it, as a lot of stores around here mysteriously don't carry Phillips products.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=507846

It plays everything I've put in it so far, including my Family Guy crap. It just treats the eps like they're different chapters on a DVD. For some reason, they don't list it as XviD compatible, but I've tested it out myself.

Yeah. I'm considering buying another one, because I really had to call around to find a major store that had it. Not even Walmart will carry it. Some ghetto biatch at the local Target got all mean with me on the phone, stating, "We don't carry Phillips, period."

There's some kind of conspiracy going on.