Problems Running Any Games On Chankast

hi, i'm just new to the dreamcast emulation scene and i'm a bit stuck with chankast. i have.cdi files for capcom vs snk 2 and ikaruga, alcohol 120%, chankast 0.2, plus the necessary dc bios files.

i got both roms from hxxp://romman.net, fxp://www.romman.net/roms/dc/fixtfsnq/ikaruga++.rar

fxp://www.romman.net/roms/dc/fixtfsnq/cvs2++cn.rar

both files are pretty busy, except you will get through eventually using flashget or flashfxp.

anyway, my problem is that when i get to the screen that has the 4 icons, i choose 'play', however, it always comes up with "please insert game disc". can anyone help me out?

Edited by crazy horse

Mount the images with virtual drive software, like Damon Tools or A120%'s virutal drive.

yup, i have set it to h, which is the virtual drive that has the mounted images. but it still won't recognise the image. also, in the chankast tutorial, it says something about an 'init' button and a "configuredrive" button under 'options, for some reason i don't have them

Edited by crazy horse

ok , i 've just tried the chankast utilities except now when i press 'start' or any other option, i just get an illegal operation error.

"CHANKAST caused an exception eedfadeH in module SPEEDPIG.DLL at 019f:07f176b6."

this is really frustrating, thanks for the ongoing help though k' dash

ok i've tried that but still to no avail. reading a few other forums, i think that there alot of people in the same boat as me who keep getting the illegal operation message as soon the dreamcast swirl intro finishes.

all my specs are ok, and i 'm running directx 9b and windows xp. if i am running cvs2+cn.cdi (which i presume is the chinese edition ) what region settings, cable type and bios files should i be using?

at the moment i'm not really sure what kind of bios files i have, does it really make much difference? thanks

All asian versions are rather in English or Japanese or Korean. Since China's largest english speaking area is Hong Kong, games there are rather in Japanese or English. Sony and a few other companies patch games with chinese dialog since 2001.