How Do These Lyrics Sound?!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm just ignorant and stupid, but what was this thread about anyway? A bunch of lyrics?

Yeah, that's why I compared those lyrics to the Phantom Gaming Service, Daikatana (well K'dash did that, thank you), and Derek Smart.

Maybe I'm just ignorant and stupid, but what was this thread about anyway? A bunch of lyrics?

Yeah, that's why I compared those lyrics to the Phantom Gaming Service, Daikatana (well K'dash did that, thank you), and Derek Smart.

Such grim lyrics. I want to think happy thoughts about flowers and genocide and the end of the world and sh!t.

Glad to help. And if you ask me, if a game sucks more then Daikitana, thats a frigging honour.

I like the idea of one band rallying against the state and the 'machine'; but I must say those lyrics, while powerful, were expressing a dangerous message. It's the sort of poem you'd write at 3 am in your darkest hour - but that doesn't mean you should show it to every impressionable suicidal teenager! I dunno, call me a little biatch but while I've got no problem with songs exploring the darker side of human emotions, I don't believe any songs should openly advocate suicide.

Now that we are talking about lyrics, I'll give you one to keep this thread on track:

A piano melody...

You lie silent there before me

Your tears, they mean nothing to me

The wind, howling out the window

The love you never gave, I give to you

You really don't deserve it,

but now there's nothing you can do

So sleep in your only memory

of me, my dearest mother

CHORUS

It was always you that I despised

I don't feel enough for you to cry

Goodbye

Goodbye

Goodbye

So, somebody help me identify the two mystery lines.

Edited by Agozer