Another Method To Burn Dc Games

this is how i burn my dc games providing that your image file isn't corrupt and it works. I'm assuming you've d/l a DC image from a site and have the image file on your hard drive.

It's pretty easy actually.

1. Install Daemon tools

2. Install nero 5.5 (not 6 because for some reason 6 doesn't work).

3. Mount the image to a virtual drive you've set with daemon tools.

4. Open Nero and run the Nero wizard. do a "CD COPY" as you run through the wizard.

. Obviously for the source drive is the drive where you have your DC image mounted using Daemon tools. (myself for example i have a C and D hard drive E is my DVD rom, F is my burner so G is my daemon tool virtual drive)

5. Now burn it at the slowest speed to ensure it will burn properly and everything should work out fine. Im sure there are other methods but this one has worked the best and most often for me. If you have any other thoughts or ways to burn, please let me know. Thanks.

I never got that cd-copy thing to work for me, it always bunred the disc as audio, I suggest you just extract the image from the cd and burn it that way, thats if you dont feel like experimenting or feel like wasting cds.

Umm... if you have the iso as an nrg file, you can just burn it, at a slow speed, right? Whats wrong with Nero 6?

Apparantly Nero 6 isn't as good as Nero 5 at burning images. And if your CD-R has Buffer-Underrun Protection, you can usually burn it at full speed.

A lot of people have had problems with Nero 6 for whatever reason I don't know. If it ain't broke, don't fix it as the expression goes so I'm sticking with nero 5. For whatever reason, Alcohol 120 I was getting error messages. I'll fool around with it some more i guess and see what I can come up with. I have an LG 52x24x52 and when I've burnt some DC games at either full speed or ie. 40X, sometimes the games have screwed up textures and stuff or it will be a bad burn so that is why I usually burn at a slower speed. It could be the disc that I used. I'm not sure about anyone else, it could just be my DC but, I find that white bottom discs work better in my DC than black ones. My DC is a little older but it reads the white ones with fine but the black ones I notice that it will struggle and then eventually it will skip audio or not even play at all and crash. I'll have to try again burning at a slow speed with Nero just to be sure. Nero 5 will do the CD COPY fine if you use Daemon tools and mount the image on it. I guess I'll have to experiment more with Alcohol cuz I've only just started to use it.

Edited by DoubleDragon