Release Of Kof2002, Matrimlee, Rotd, Ssv

do these year rules still have to be in place now since neo-geo isnt getting anything new after the samurai shodown game... surely they could drop it to something like 6 months to a year? i agree with not releasing them on emulators right away but 2-3years for a neo-geo game is a bit drastic in my opinion. :P

Technically by law (At least in the U.S.A.) Once a game has entered reproduction (As in remanufactured) for any system (including the original system it was on), s concidered an illegal rom. Since KOF2k2 is out of both Xbox and PS2, SVCC being on both as well, the roms are illegal. Even with the new content provided on the PS2/Xbox versions. It is still considered the same game under this U.S. law.

i dont think the us law has effect here but i might be wrong but technically isnt it illegal to have the rom without owning an original version of the game... :lol:  :(

Correct. However all that "you must delete the rom image from your hard disk after 24 hours" that some rom sites claim in big letters; it's just an urban legend and a huge load of BS.