Fba Help Needed!

Hey, is it possible to add newer roms to the list in FBA? I cant find a loader or nothing about... :huh: Normally I use Kawaks or nebula but FBA is completey new to me and I cant seem to add anything new... any help would be much appreciated :(.

Not unless you compile your own source, although I'm not too sure. :huh:

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't FBA use it's own DATs? If this is the case, nevermind.

Edited by Agozer

is there any tutorials or guides to help me that are specifically written for compiling fba???ive got microsoft visual c++ and ive downloaded the source code but theres loads of files, but not sure which one would compile the program... i dont know if im making sense but i do sortov have a small idea on what ive got to do im just not to good at expressing myself clearly.. :lol:

Edited by Ash_crimson

been trying to compile... it hasnt been going too well :P its harder than i thought

the files havent been much help coz ive followed them but now im getting errors.

those errors are normal, but if you trying typing "make" again then pressing "enter" and it still won't go, then it's possible you didn't end one of the neogeo drivers that you added by adding the :{ at the end. For example, like puzzle bobble's driver

// Puzzle Bobble

static struct BurnRomInfo pbobblenRomDesc[] = {
{"083-p1.bin"  , 0x040000, 0x7c3c34e1, 0x10}, //  0 68K code

{"083-s1.bin"  , 0x020000, 0x9caae538,    1}, //  1 Text layer tiles

{"083-c5.bin"  , 0x080000, 0xe89ad494,    1}, //  2 Sprite data
{"083-c6.bin"  , 0x080000, 0x4b42d7eb,    1}, //  3

{"083-m1.bin"  , 0x010000, 0x129e6054, 0x10}, //  4 Z80 code

{"083-v3.bin"  , 0x100000, 0x0840cbc4,    2}, //  5	Sound data
{"083-v4.bin"  , 0x080000, 0x0a548948,    2}, //  6
};

STDROMPICKEXT(pbobblen, pbobblen, neogeo);
STD_ROM_FN(pbobblen);

struct BurnDriver BurnDrvPbobblen = {
{"pbobblen", "Puzzle Bobble", "Japanese title is Bust-A-Move", "Taito", "Neo Geo", "1994", NULL, "neogeo"},
BDF_GAME_WORKING, 2, HARDWARE_SNK_NEOGEO | HARDWARE_SNK_SWAPC,
NULL, pbobblenRomInfo, pbobblenRomName, neogeoInputInfo, neogeoDIPInfo,
NeoInit, NeoExit, NeoFrame, NeoRender, NeoScan, &NeoRecalcPalette,
nNeoScreenWidth, 224, 4, 3
};

by the way, when you finish compiling and you finally get to use your fba and you get those "guru meditations"...then you have to go the fba forums for assistance on that

Edited by Weirdanzeige

i think he means errors, not warnings. warnings are for the most part harmless but errors (for the most part again) stops the compiling process. i think someone in here has a FBA compile setup that can be used out of the box (i think its ForceX but i cant remember clearly). you can asking him for help.

i wish i could help. i forgot how i setup my FBA compiling environment since i hadnt even touched it for a long time now

well this is the error i get...

$ make

Making normal build...

make: *** No rule to make target 'src/lisence.txt', needed by 'src/generated/lisence.rc', Stop.

i dont get it, whats with the dollar sign? i dont use it and i believe neither should you. the only files you need to modify (for banned neogeo games support) are d_neogeo.cpp (in most cases this is just what you only need to edit but there are a few exceptions), neogeo.h and neo_run.cpp

ive only used MinGW for compiling so if you use anything else (Cygwin, VC++), im afraid i cant help you.