Administrator Problem In Xp

I've been running a game perfectly for a long time. All of a sudden the game is coming up with an error message when attempting to start up. I have made NO changes that would have affected this since last running the game.

The error message is as follows -

Access Denied

please login with adminstrator privileges and try again.

Obviously I have full administrative privileges and always have done. What's happening?

There are quite a few posts with the same problem on other technical forums but without any concrete answer. Does anyone on 1emu know what's going on?

Is it to do with Safedisc and if so, is there any way to get around this?

Thanks

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

The error is pretty straight forward. Log in as an admin on Windows Xp and it should work.

I had that same problem but things are working preety fine now

I booted up my pc on safe mode and tried again or try logging into the admin if that dont work

good luck :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

[in reply to K dash]

It isn't straight forward at all. I am admin that's why it's a problem. Why anyone on a home machine would choose to be anything but admin, I don't know....

It's because Windows XP Home is a complete and utter shambles when it comes to priveleges and access rights, just because Microsoft needed to reserve some stuff that only Professional can do.

and actually I think it's to do with the fact that the morons where I bought my laptop formatted the drive in FAT32 not NTFS when they installed XP.

I need to go in in safe mode and set some rights or some such but apparently it only lets you do it on an NTFS formatted drive. Poppycock. :lol:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku