Starsiege: Tribes 1 And 2 To Be Given Free!

Gryph

Vivendi is to soon give away Starsiege: Tribes & Tribes 2 for free, in an aim to whip up some PR for the forthcoming Tribes: Vengeance:

Vivendi Universal Games announced today that it will be distributing the videogames Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2 for free on a special-edition DVD-ROM bundled with the newsstand edition of the June issue of Computer Gaming World magazine and online via FilePlanet.com. The giveaway is meant to celebrate the fourth-quarter release of Tribes: Vengeance, the next installment in the venerable Tribes franchise of PC action games.

The special versions of these games will be available in the June issue of Computer Gaming World, which will hit newsstands starting May 4, 2004, and will be simultaneously accessible for online download through FilePlanet.com.

Released in 1998, Starsiege: Tribes was the first major online-only first-person action game. The combination of team-based gameplay, expansive outdoor terrains, multiple play modes, customizable characters, and controllable vehicles created a game that was an instant hit among fans and press alike. Its sequel, Tribes 2, was released in 2001 and further refined the genre, winning numerous industry awards. Together, both games have sold nearly a million copies worldwide.

- Voodoo Extreme and Vivendi

Yay! For those that haven't had the pleasure of playing Tribes, this is your perfect opportunity to get your hands on it. It's a PR move to promote the new Tribes game, Tribes: Vengence.

Discuss Tribes. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Why?

Edited by GryphonKlaw

So you did post this after all. I didn't know you had it in you. <_>

Tribes are teh 0wn. Migt as well get those again. The first one, at least.

Edited by Agozer

I loved Tribes 1 to a certain stand point, Tribes 2 was a kick in the pants (info for the term: penny-arcade). Also a double note, I can get it off Fileplanet! WOOT!