Supergun!

Hey, just wondering if anyone out there has one. I've been thinking about buying one and thought i'd ask for your advice first. Any info will be of help.

Are they cool, ease of use, size of supergun and boards, i really don't have any idea. Just love arcade games.

Cheers.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a supergun, but you can one from MAS Systems or Great Western Trading. Also sometimes the Neo Store has superguns. I don't know if any of them are any good, but I've heard the Sigma ones (sometimes sold at Neo Store) are pretty good. Go here to learn how to make your own. There are other sites on the internet that cover this too (just use Google).

Edited by StriderSkorpion

if you want one you should build it. save yourself about a 100 bucks. all it is basicly is a power supplyand a jamma harness. plus some odds and ends. and you gotta remember the supergun isn't all you need, you also need jamma or mvs boards. one slot mvs boards are going for about 100 bucks on ebay and carts vary from 10 to 300 bucks. don't know about jamma boards tho. so if you were to buy a supergun and an mvs board expect to pay 400 to 500 plus mvs carts.

Thanks for the help. I'll have to do some more research. I may be better spendingmy money just on a Neo Geo AES! What do ya think?

The only thing about the AES is that most games are more expensive than their MVS incarnations. If you do grab an AES, try and get a MVS converter such as the Phantom-1. Neo Store usually sells them and you can probably grab one from

!Arcade! as they're the ones who make it. One day, I'd like to make my own or grab a Sigma, but I could settle for a SuperNOVA.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

Didn't know about the MVS converter. Think i might be sold!

neo geo is a vary expensive hobby, either supergun + mvs board or aes +converter is gonna run mondo money. I just did a quick look at ebay and aes systems are going for between 150 and 300 bucks. the Phantom-1 is going for 280 at the site mentioned above. either way you are looking at about 500 bones sans game carts.

thats why I got me an xbox and hella roms. heheheh as much as I'd like the real deal it's just way out of the average mans price range.

Yeah, the cheapest you can go is the CD system, but it doesn't have any new games. I guess you'd save more over time buying MVS (after the system and converter) rather than AES, but it's definitely not a right away thing. Roms are the cheapest solution (obviously), but emulation doesn't have the same feel as an actual system.

So there's no way to play a rom on an arcade board once it's been dumped? Couldn't you, for instance, flash the data to the chips the same way you can with GBA games? Probably not.

Yeah, the cheapest you can go is the CD system, but it doesn't have any new games.  I guess you'd save more over time buying MVS (after the system and converter) rather than AES, but it's definitely not a right away thing.  Roms are the cheapest solution (obviously), but emulation doesn't have the same feel as an actual system.

yeah I think mvs would be cheaper in the long run. but no matter what its a fist full of ben franklins to get started. you'd figure a 16 year old console / arcade board would go down in price. :P collecters drive this stuff through the roof.

look at this crazyness

You could do it like a bootleg, but then you'd have to have an MVS cart and an (E)EPROM programmer. You'd have to reburn the chips each time you wanted to change the game. There's also the Multi Game Doctor 2, but the Neo Geo version is very rare. Also, all the MGD2 stuff is expensive. You could make a MAME cab, but that's the closest to actual arcade experience you could get (w/ roms).