Help For Everyone Goin Crazy With The Wk Loaders

Ive tried for a few hours on and off since the past month trying to get the new games to show up with the loaders.

Ive edited the roms, tried a lot of different loaders, did the ASR myself, tried different paths for rom storage but whatever i did kawaks NEVER found anything.

Ive browsed the forums here again and found the solution:

W98 compatibility mode has to be on the loader.exe.

There was never anything mentioned on any site ive been, and only by chance ive found it today on this forum

Please make this a sticky! How should anyone guess this?

I have WinXp sp1 and mine works fine.and i never used the W98 compatibility mode on the loader.

when you make a dat make sure where it say neo uses all caps NEO

Edited by james

I have used loaders with kawaks and never had any probs. I'm using standard xp home edition. I would check where you got the hacked kawaks from. Some sites make their own loaders which can only use the roms they have on their sites.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome stuff, I was going crazy for a little while too.

I couldn't figure out what was making my kawaks not show up the game list as it used to work when I first got it aswell. Then I realized that I reinstalled my OS and patched it with all those updates and at that point the loader file stopped working.

Only problem I'm facing now is the games don't seem to be reading the p roms properly. I've tried all compatibility modes, switched up the p roms and still nothing but anyhow, I'm closer to getting my kawaks up and running again...

Kudos!

gino :blink: