Street Fighter Alpha 3 Keeps Reseting!

I just burned Street Fighter Alpha 3 with nero and when it gets to the sega screen, it spins for a while then the dreamcast resets itself. Somebody please tell me what can i do to correct this.(And dont tell me I have to download another Street Fighter Alpha 3) Thx in advance.

Do you have the original image? If so, grab the CDMage beta and scan for errors. If there are sector errors in the image, try to fix them and/or rebuild the sectors (if you can). After fixing and/or rebuilding, you may want to scan for errors again to see if you have any errors left. Also, if it's a Nero image, make sure you burned it correctly. To test what version it is, you can try testing the image by test burning in DAO or TAO. If it tells you the image is another format, then it's not the format you selected (obviously). If you used Nero, you probably burned it in the proper format, I'm not sure if Alcohol 120% lets burn it wrong or not.

My only real guess is that the image was corrupted or your burner doesn't support the burning of the first session. The first session (audio usually) is small and some burners for some reason can't burn them correctly (or at all, not sure which).

Edited by StriderSkorpion

That's were I got my version. I really wish people would stop releasing the games as Nero images. I don't mind Clone CD, though, as it doesn't have the problem Nero images have. The problem being that they're either DAO or TAO. If only people would stick to the "standard" DiscJuggler 2/3 CDI format that release groups use(d). After all, you can convert the images later with CDI2Nero.

In my oppinion CDI is the way to go, I've never gad a problem with a CDI image ;)

The image on my server is Nero, but I burned it using version 5 of Nero and it works, but because its not the original CDI version I cant patch it to play on my RGB Scart!

But how? There aren't any tools to do that AFAIK other than mounting the image with Daemon Tools and then reripping the image with DiscJuggler. I usually use Alcohol 120%, but that doesn't always work (usually, though). My problem is that there's no easy way of telling if it's a DAO or TAO image.

I was having problems burning a Powerstone Nero image, I was using Nero 6, and it was doing what you said.

I tried it with nero version 5.5.5.1 and it burned fine, also make sure it says Close disc, as I have noticed Nero sometimes leaves this Checkbox unchecked! and the DC doesn't really like un-closed discs, well in my experience anyway! :D