Please support the un-cancelling of Sam and Max 2

Gryph

Do we know for sure if LucasArts is even going to see the petition?

I dunno, but I think maybe sending them a letter or something along those lines will have a far greater impact than some online petition. (There's petitions for just about everything imaginable.) I think it'll be more persuasive -- as well as personal -- if the fans would each send a letter. Just a thought.

Still, futile as is, I signed it anyway.

Petitiononline is one of the biggest online petition groups. They do everything from government to this stuff. And believe me, they'll see it. They might and probably won't do anything about it, but they'll hear us.

It's been posted on Slashdot and VE3D and those sites get mondo amounts of traffic so lots of other people have seen it too.

Well I just signed and I was #10792... I dunno when the petition started but 10,000+ votes for a game that was released in '93...and that's just the people who bothered to sign the petition...I think lucasarts will listen to this voice and realise there are a lot of people who would KILL to play Sam 'n' Max 2 (I'm one of them :P:P )

Sam 'n' Max was such a cool game, and has anyone else noticed that there have been JACK all adventure games in the last 5 or even 10 years? Ever since Kings Quest 8 turned into an action/adventure title I can't name one decent point-n-click style adventure game (which always was my favourite type of game).

Although, guess what...Sierra are creating a new Leisure Suit Larry game, LSL: Magna Cum Laude. Although, surprise surprise, its in 3D and it looks like you control larry rather than clicking on somewhere to make him go there. Stupid software developer, they had the formula right 15+ years ago, why do they persist in changing game styles around (and often ruining games in the progress!)

I was never a big fan of point and click adventure games, but I'll sign because Sam and Max, along with games like Full Throttle and Monkey Island, were classics. I'll also sign because I think the current games market needs a boost, and that boost may well come from the past, when games were simply more fun to play.