Help with KOF series.

ftc2002

I need help for kof99, kof2000, and kof2001. These roms ran fine on winKawaks 1.49, but not on Kawa-X. I also decrypted the "c" roms and placed them back in the zip as described in the pinned topics. I did this with bangbead.zip and it worked fine. I hope somebody can help me out.

KOF99

When I am loading the game it stops at kof99n_p1.rom and says it can;t load it. the file I have is named the same with the exception of the extension, mine is a.bin not.rom.

KOF2000

This game loads fine but when it starts there is a blue and white grid. When I press start all I get is more screens, like I/O Check, Sound Test Memory Card Test, Backup Clear, Setting the calendar, and a screen with colored boxes.

KOF2001

This game for some reason freezes on the loading screen when trying to load file 262-m1d.bin.

Thanx

KOF99

When I am loading the game it stops at kof99n_p1.rom and says it can;t load it. the file I have is named the same with the exception of the extension, mine is a.bin not.rom

You can usually just rename the extension and it will work.

KOF2000

This game loads fine but when it starts there is a blue and white grid. When I press start all I get is more screens, like I/O Check, Sound Test Memory Card Test, Backup Clear, Setting the calendar, and a screen with colored boxes.

Hmm.. not sure.

KOF2001

This game for some reason freezes on the loading screen when trying to load file 262-m1d.bin.

Hmmm... you may have a different sized M ROM than it's expecting. Try this one: 262-m1d

If you can't get the KoF2000 (or any of the others) working, PM me on AIM and I can transfer my working ROMs to you... or maybe someone else will know of a place to download.

Thanx, I got KOF2001 working now. That file did the trick. :lol:

As for KOF99 I tried renaming it but it still a BIN file the only difference now the file is kf99n_p1.rom.bin, is there another way of changing the file type. Or maybe someone knows where I can get that file.

Thanx again Thraxen

As for KOF99 I tried renaming it but it still a BIN file the only difference now the file is kf99n_p1.rom.bin, is there another way of changing the file type. Or maybe someone knows where I can get that file.

Yeah, go to any folder on your PC. At the top go into the "Tools" menu and then select "Folder Options". Then select the "View" tab. Find the line that says "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck that box. This way you will be able to see and edit file extensions. Right now your PC is hiding the extension in the name, so when you went to put the ".rom" you weren't actually changing the ".bin" extension... it was still there, you just couldn't see it.

As for your KoF2000 problem, maybe it's some sort of BIOS issue. This is the neogeo.zip that I use: neogeo.zip

Try replacing the one you are using now with that one and see if the game runs normally.

Did you try the neogeo.zip that I linked to in my previous post? It seems that if two of your ROMs are acting the same way then it might be an issue with your neogeo.zip since they would both be using those files. Let us know if that works or not... if not then we can start thinking about another way to fix the issue.

I did try your neogeo.zip file, but it didn't work. The blue and white grid seems to be the hardware test screen that pops up when you push left on the right thumb stick its the first listing "hardware test." Is there any way to get out of this mode without having to reset the rom(cause that dopesn't work), and can this still be related to a BIOS issue or would the one you linked have solved it.

Thanx again Thraxen

I'm stumped. When I use those two games I can enter the Hardware Test mode, but just selecting "Reset Rom" returns the ROM to normal for me.

Hey, did you try what Likklebaer said over on the XBox-Scene forums?

"Check your romset is named correctly. If you still have the filename of kof2000.zip then Kawa-X will try and load it as the encrypted version. The decrypted romset needs to be called kof2knd.zip"

Like he said, check the names of your ROMs.

If your KoF99 is named "kof99.zip", then change it to "kof99nd.zip".

If your KoF2000 is named "kof2000.zip", then change it to "kof2knd.zip

Edited by Thraxen

Maybe it is my rom so here is what I have

KOF99 = kof99nd.zip(36.1MB)

kf99n_c1.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c2.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c3.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c4.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c5.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c6.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c7.rom = 8MB

kf99n_c8.rom = 8MB

251-v1.bin = 4MB

251-v2.bin = 4MB

251-v3.bin = 4MB

251-v4.bin = 2MB

251-m1.bin = 128KB

251-p1.bin = 4MB

251-p2.bin = 4MB

251-pg2.bin = 4MB

251-sma.ka = 256KB

251-sma.kc = 256KB

kf99n_s1.rom = 128KB

KOF2000 = kof2knd.zip(39.8MB)

kof2k_c1.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c2.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c3.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c4.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c5.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c6.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c7.rom = 8MB

kof2k_c8.rom = 8MB

kof2k_s1.rom = 128KB

257-m1.bin = 256KB

257-m1d.bin = 256KB

257-p1n.bin = 4MB

257-p2n.bin = 4MB

257-sma.bin = 256KB

257-v1.bin = 4MB

257-v2.bin = 4MB

257-v3.bin = 4MB

257-v4.bin = 4MB

Maybe one of these files are wrong? Hope somebody can help.

Edited by ftc2002

if you've read the readme, both kof2knd and kof99nd have problems with fbaxgh0st. use the encrypted versions (kof2000 and kof99) untill the problem is fixed for the nd sets.

If you would just read my post it says I am using Kawa-X 0.11 not fbaxgh0st. Kawa-X, I thought was supposed to run KOF series fine. Am I wrong about that?

:lol:

Edited by ftc2002